Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black or white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to order a white interior but when I went to the showroom and had a look in person the white was just way too bright for me. I also arranged for an overnight test drive, and this was a red M3 with white interior which cemented my thoughts. Unfortunately, it felt like I was in an upmarket private hospital waiting room waiting to have a procedure!
The black interior can feel like you are in a funeral home but easier for me to live with. Wish Tesla did an in between like a grey or combo.

My advice is to see it in person on a bright sunny day and see how it feels.
In my opinion, the white looks fantastic day or night. Very clean and relaxing. The black and wood just looks… old…

Hey, the wood trim gives the interior a clean, minimalist Scandinavian vibe.

The white trim and white seats with black everything else - Friesian cow, maybe? Dalmatian?

(If I'd ordered a dark colored car I probably would have gone with white upholstery for the contrast. But the strip on the dash and doors would have been changed to matt black or similar.)

The inside of a Model 3 gets very hot...because of the glass roof (an essential buy is the roof shade...very effective)...you live in a hot country, help the car as much as you can, a white exterior and a white interior.
Besides...it’s a Tesla...white on white is it’s trademark...and best look

I wish they had a white interior option that included the wood dash. The dash is easy to replace though; anyone know if the matching inserts on the front door trim are easily removable, or would you have to replace the entire door interior panel to swap from white to wood?

The white looks amazing. However I have a good friend who does stain removal for a living. He saw I ordered black and his first words were thank G*d.

He said to his wife, “he ordered the black”. And she said, I was worried he would be another one. Just saying, for long term the black is better wearing.

I would prefer leather but that is life. ;)

Reactions: Bouba