Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black premium interior vs black textile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No true leather unless u get a 2016 model ..black premium is all vegan ..black textile has vegan sides and a textile in the seat and back ..in person the textile is not that bad looking

The change wasn't officially made until mid 2017, so there are some 2017 models out there with leather. With that said, if you go sit in a pre-AP2 Model S with premium leather and then go sit in a MX that supposedly has leather...it'll make you really wonder if they didn't start switching earlier.

Some of the earlier Model S's wear really nicely, the leather gets soft and starts getting grippy. I haven't seen a Model X yet that has started wearing like that; but that might just be because I haven't ran into one that's been highly utilized or old enough yet.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks for clarification.

Yeah the textile seats are not bad at all I test drove and MX with base seats and seemed good, considering the amount of textile material it does seem a little bit of a rip off to charge £3k for the extra faux leather material but I still paid it :( lol

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA