Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black PUP scheduled for delivery in Northern CA. Questions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my text today to schedule delivery for the MY.

Black/Black, PUP, FSD, San Francisco, CA

The last time I heard from them was the agent who called me two days before shelter-in-place went into effect in March, with an estimate of an April delivery. No texts, no emails, no VIN in the source (though tbh I wasn't checking that hard).

Questions for those who went through this:
  1. In March, I got the Financing quote through Tesla, via US Bank. I'm pretty sure it's expired. But I'm not able to reapply on the site. It says it's still waiting for the contract to be drafted (as it has been forever). Should I contact them through email to get that figured out before delivery? Or will this option become available soon?

2. I want to shop around a tiny bit, and I know Lightstream could match/beat the quote. Do I do this once I get the quote from Tesla again, but before delivery? Or how does that work? I think I need some proof that the insurance quote is real.

3. Can I push back delivery further than what the scheduler is allowing? The scheduler is giving me this Friday - Wednesday, so about a week is the furthers I can push it out on their system. I'm thinking I can call them and see if I could take delivery later?

4. Does it really only take 15 minutes for delivery?

1. It’s expired. It’s been 30-60 days. You can reapply. Should show up or you can email [email protected] and ask
2. With all loans there is a 2 week “shop around” period where you won’t get dinged for multiple hard credit checks after the first one. Start wherever you want but stay in that two week window should be no problem with delivery within a week. My neighbor got 2.49% from Tesla, takes about 10-30 minutes for approval.
3. Sometimes less than 15 mins.

I got my text today to schedule delivery for the MY.

Black/Black, PUP, FSD, San Francisco, CA

The last time I heard from them was the agent who called me two days before shelter-in-place went into effect in March, with an estimate of an April delivery. No texts, no emails, no VIN in the source (though tbh I wasn't checking that hard).

Questions for those who went through this:
  1. In March, I got the Financing quote through Tesla, via US Bank. I'm pretty sure it's expired. But I'm not able to reapply on the site. It says it's still waiting for the contract to be drafted (as it has been forever). Should I contact them through email to get that figured out before delivery? Or will this option become available soon?

2. I want to shop around a tiny bit, and I know Lightstream could match/beat the quote. Do I do this once I get the quote from Tesla again, but before delivery? Or how does that work? I think I need some proof that the insurance quote is real.

3. Can I push back delivery further than what the scheduler is allowing? The scheduler is giving me this Friday - Wednesday, so about a week is the furthers I can push it out on their system. I'm thinking I can call them and see if I could take delivery later?

4. Does it really only take 15 minutes for delivery?

I’m in a similar situation except that I also have a trade-in. I’ve scheduled my delivery last week for the 13th (in 3 days) and I still haven’t heard back from Tesla about anything. My ‘completed task’ on the Tesla website remains the same. Nothing about my loan or trade-in etc and I’m pretty sure they’re expired. Hope they don’t spring a surprise on me last minute.