Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black screen on first day...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning guys, I've just picked up my black M3 SR+ yesterday and already fell in love with its driving dynamic. The delivery process was more or less smooth amid the COVID situation. However, after been driving it for a full day. The system became unresponsive and went into black screen when I tried to connect with Netflix and youtube while idle. I did the system reset but the problem came back once more before everything kind of went back to normal after another reset attempt. After doing some research on the forum I understand black screen is a pretty common thing for M3 but am wondering if anyone have experienced it in the first 24 hours in their vehicle? Should I be concern? Do I need to take it back for a checkout? Please do share your experience! Thank you in advance.

The time to be concerned is when this happens repeatedly over a rather short period of time. Let's say it happens more than once a day. That's when I would contact Tesla about it. I've owned my M3 LR since late September 2020 and it's only happened once. And then, a soft reboot took care of things.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin