Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black seat issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah seat covers have been suggested, thank you for putting this link these look fantastic and good quality And seem to get great reviews, I might order some white ones to mix it up and save me from the stress of my recurring issue šŸ˜† frustrating that I hve to pay to fix a issue i know is not my fault but am not getting anywhere with Tesla , even though when they replaced the seat in the first week of me owning the car they even admitted the white was coming from the stitching adhesive when they opened it up šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I have a set I ordered in wine burgundy :) they are amazing, Perforated middle and double stitched. Look better than oem and fitment is perfect. My cousin saw mine and got the white. Took me about 20 min per front seat and 20 min for the rear.

Pics of my cousins over his black int.
Iā€™ll try to find mine!

DAF9BB8C-E78A-4794-93E0-B6C077CECBF0.jpeg

DD86ADBC-B08C-4EF7-82B1-DD1EE3A31726.jpeg
A2B4E694-5A3F-4E0F-A686-ABA30AF4378E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
In the photos, it doesnā€™t appear to be coming through the seams. Itā€™s just seems like it was transferred to the aid ace. I k ow you said it was oozing though the seams though.
Iā€™ve never seen this type of issue on anyone elseā€™s Tesla. Not that Iā€™ve read here anyway.
Since it happened so quick, they replaced the seat, and it happened again, this is statistically a little hard to swallow that itā€™s a seat issue.
Womenā€™s or mens antiperspirant or deodorant can transfer like that also. Seen it in my car.
It could be pushed in the seams, then look like itā€™s coming out.
Do you at least see Teslas hesitation here.
No other instances of this, no rational explanation, new seat goes in, and it happens again. ā€¦
Do you have a wife, children, or friends that have sat in, cleaned, or used the car ?

Have you tried going to other service centers.

Did they not put it in writing when they warrantied the one seat that were was a quality problem with the glue causing the issue?

Had that been on the statement it might have been easier to resolve a second time.

I had recurring and varied problems with the sunroof on my Audi A7. It took four service visits over 18 months but Audi covered it each time and never blamed me; and I almost never opened it - so wouldnā€™t have been me anyway.

• Informative
In the photos, it doesnā€™t appear to be coming through the seams. Itā€™s just seems like it was transferred to the aid ace. I k ow you said it was oozing though the seams though.
Iā€™ve never seen this type of issue on anyone elseā€™s Tesla. Not that Iā€™ve read here anyway.
Since it happened so quick, they replaced the seat, and it happened again, this is statistically a little hard to swallow that itā€™s a seat issue.
Womenā€™s or mens antiperspirant or deodorant can transfer like that also. Seen it in my car.
It could be pushed in the seams, then look like itā€™s coming out.
Do you at least see Teslas hesitation here.
No other instances of this, no rational explanation, new seat goes in, and it happens again. ā€¦
Do you have a wife, children, or friends that have sat in, cleaned, or used the car ?
I wear aluminium free roll
On deodorant (native ) and no one else has touched my car without me in it and the passenger seat has been sat in 2 times (live alone ). I understand your point re statistics but I literally am going crazy as I know Iā€™ve had zero interaction with the seat in the areas havenā€™t cleaned them havenā€™t touched them hence why you and appreciate my frustration and point of view and i feel
Tesla blaming me are not taking a great approach in the realm of ā€œcustomer experienceā€.

• Informative
Have you tried going to other service centers.

Did they not put it in writing when they warrantied the one seat that were was a quality problem with the glue causing the issue?

Had that been on the statement it might have been easier to resolve a second time.

I had recurring and varied problems with the sunroof on my Audi A7. It took four service visits over 18 months but Audi covered it each time and never blamed me; and I almost never opened it - so wouldnā€™t have been me anyway.
Yeah the notes say cusotmer was correct in that seat was fault and adhesive coming through etc but theyā€™re saying now they think it was because of me given it happened a second time. šŸ˜¶ā€šŸŒ«ļø

Wow this does look amazing! I am considering burgundy or white ! Do you think the white will be a hassle with jeans transferring etc like it is on the standard white Tesla seats ??? Or could I spray them with something or ?
The pic makes it look a bit more red than it actually is :) (iPhone camera issue) itā€™s really a darker wine type burgundy which I really like.

• Informative
I wear aluminium free roll
On deodorant (native ) and no one else has touched my car without me in it and the passenger seat has been sat in 2 times (live alone ). I understand your point re statistics but I literally am going crazy as I know Iā€™ve had zero interaction with the seat in the areas havenā€™t cleaned them havenā€™t touched them hence why you and appreciate my frustration and point of view and i feel
Tesla blaming me are not taking a great approach in the realm of ā€œcustomer experienceā€.
Everything youā€™re saying, makes it sound like a manufacturers defect of some strange sort.
However, this is an extremely rare problem. If it happened once, who knows. When it happened exactly the same way again on a completely different seat soon after, thatā€™s the part that truly makes me wonder whatā€™s going on. Iā€™m sure Tesla feels the same way.
If you truly confident (because youā€™ve done nothing to these seats) there is some substance oozing out from inside the seat, I would take one part on camera, and prove it to Tesla.
You will no doubt find some solution inside the seat if youā€™re correct.
If nothing is in there, it must be an external source.