Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Seats on Black Ash Wood?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Ordered my Model X last week. Built it with black seats and the brown ash wood. Got a call from Tesla today telling me if i want delivery earlier, they have one available with black seats but black(dark) ash wood. My question is this legit? As you know, when building the car online, there is no such things as black with black ash, so how is it possible Tesla is building one? I was told this setup is actually an "upgrade". Is this true?

thank you!
Joe

I assume the dark wood they are referring to is what usually comes in the white interior? I’ve never heard of this combination, but it is not out of the question that it could exist. Could have been a special, off-menu order by someone and then the sale fell through or simply a mistake in manufacturing. There have been a number of reports of model 3’s with the wrong dash color or door panels.

I’m not sure that I would consider it an upgrade. Just different. And personal choice on whether it is better or not.

I assume the dark wood they are referring to is what usually comes in the white interior? I’ve never heard of this combination, but it is not out of the question that it could exist. Could have been a special, off-menu order by someone and then the sale fell through or simply a mistake in manufacturing. There have been a number of reports of model 3’s with the wrong dash color or door panels.

I’m not sure that I would consider it an upgrade. Just different. And personal choice on whether it is better or not.

Hi, Yes. it is the dark wood, the one they use on the white interior. i did asked the representative if it was a special order and he said he couldn't confirm. Anyway, i think it will look good with the shinny/polish black. :)

i agree. i think the black with polish black trims will better. i was just concerned Tesla is not telling me everything that i needed to know. But the representative confirmed everything will be good.
Can you have a look at it?

Or can you have the birth date on the driver door
to see how long time this car has been waiting
if someone did rejected this combination?

But honestly, full black looks very neat.

I originally thought this would be the best color combo (the fake wood looks so 70s). However, I have since learned that the dark figured ash is so glossy that it shows fingerprints and other smuts easily (high maintenance). You can ofcourse always wrap it.

However, due to the imminent refresh rumors, I would pass on any offer until after the shutdown.
I can attest to that. I have the ash on my MS and it’s a fingerprint magnet.