Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black streaks on top of window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get my car tinted but i've noticed this black residue on top of my windows.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.57.09 AM.png

Every time I clean it off (takes quite a bit of scrubbing), it comes back a short time later. I'm guessing it's just rubbing really hard against the material surrounding the door frame.

Is it normal to have this residue and if so, will it mess up the tint? It's on all 4 windows.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Did you ever figure this out? After putting my window down fully for the first time I have a single black spot about the size of a popcorn kernel that appeared on my window.

Seems very difficult to get off. How’d you remove it? Did you get Tesla to resolve this?
no, i never got around to making an appointment. it's just something i clean every time i wash my car. i've noticed cleaning the rubber trim reduces it significantly.

I had a tesla ranger come because my driver window was not closing, and he conditioned the rubber seals with some kind of meguires (sp?) from a little bottle and a microfiber cloth. He said the rubber seals would get hard and flake and that sometimes caused window issues. Very sensitive these things…

Reactions: brianbcc