Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black/Tan 60kWh Model S - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black/Tan 60kWh Model S

12,500 miles, manufactured in 1/2013, picked up at factory. Amazing vehicle but I need a 4WD (will be on the list for the Model X). In excellent condition, 1 year service already performed, all service bulletins completed and battery protection/underbody shield installed. Paid $79K, plus new car tax. New model is several thousand more due to increase in base price of all Model S.

Black Exterior
Tan Leather Interior
Piano Black Decor
Panoramic All Glass Roof
19" wheels
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Supercharge Hardware

List Date: 8/5/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Black/Tan 60kWh Model S
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

a3677b7c-8d31-49b4-9a77-ccff323bb2e52.JPG
4f06752a-22eb-4773-b8ed-6aeeb20789122.JPG
1f485637-0e1a-42cc-84ba-7343a85f34542.JPG
356f8ef9-f0f0-4c62-9ca6-fd238c8fad3f2.jpg

Paid $79K, plus new car tax. New model is several thousand more due to increase in base price of all Model S.

Sorry to have to be "that guy", but curious if I'm missing something.

I get a price of $73k new on the Tesla web site with these options, after California incentives. You're asking only $3k less for an 18-month old car with 12.5k miles on it. As an owner I like to see the MS keeping its resale value, but...

Tesla configurator shows my Model S at $77,070 after incentives, so thanks for the input but you are incorrect. My Model S has several options that were not listed on the my "new car" configure -- Extended Nappa Leather Trim - visible in photo ($2500), Ambient lights and fog lights.

Tesla configurator shows my Model S at $77,070 after incentives, so thanks for the input but you are incorrect. My Model S has several options that were not listed on the my "new car" configure -- Extended Nappa Leather Trim - visible in photo ($2500), Ambient lights and fog lights.

Thanks for the extra info, like I said "curious if I'm missing something", and apparently I did (or rather, it was missing from the ad). And to be fair you said the price difference was due to the base price difference, not now optional items. Glad that got clarified. Good luck with the sale.

I thought there was a formula that tesla uses to determine value. If they still use $1 a mile and 1% of list price per month you would seem to be high.

I thought there was a formula that tesla uses to determine value. If they still use $1 a mile and 1% of list price per month you would seem to be high.

To be fair, they use that on their demo cars which they intentionally want to have some turn-over on, so it's aggressively priced by design. However, even without that formula, I agree that this seller's price point is high, but time will tell.

To be fair, they use that on their demo cars which they intentionally want to have some turn-over on, so it's aggressively priced by design. However, even without that formula, I agree that this seller's price point is high, but time will tell.

I missed a tesla resale (trade in). May 2013 build, 60, Multi coat red, black roof, napa leather, tech package, studio sound, premium lighting, fog lights, 17k miles. $55k. They said the same $1/mile and 1%/month was used to factor the price. Sticker was in $79 range and new same config over $85 (excluding incentives).

I'm a serious buyer and wouldn't make an offer on the car in this listing out of respect to the seller. Advantage on resale today is the factory shut down to retool is pushing back new delivery until November at the earliest.

I am currently in the market for a 60kWh Model S, so I might be a good benchmark on what the market will bear for this car. At 60k, I would be all over this car, but at 70k, its simply above the price that I feel this car is worth. The actual value of this car is probably somewhere in between my "buy it immediately" price, and what the seller is asking. Just like the poster above, i am a serious Model S buyer, but will not make what could be seen as a lowball offer to a seller who is asking more than I want to spend.

It never hurts to make a respectful offer. Letting him know your thoughts and if he doesn't get what he is looking for then you will be around. Realistically, this car will not sell for the $70. The people who have money to burn and want a car NOW, will not be a 60 buyer they are looking at the 85. The value buyers like yourself will not make a silly mistake. The car is probably worth somewhere between $55 and $63k and at the high number you probably wont get burned because you will keep the car for many years to come. So go on and ask him to take the $63k for a fast close and maybe, just maybe he will be motivated enough and sensible to take your offer.

Very true. One of the cars listed here, then updated as sold, has shown up at a dealer lot, for ~10k less than they were asking. The shame of that one is I think the extended service contract, in the listing, probably got killed when the car went through dealer hands. In any case, some try selling, then suddenly take a five digit hit because nobody so much as sniffed. So, while 10k lower may be a low ball, there can be more than 5k of room with what some ask. I, incidentally, also saw the early 2013 sticker, before option prices rose, and think in some of these cases the greed ought to be reciprocated.

Offers are something you take, or leave.