Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black/Tan Photos (#1299)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my S. VIN 1299, Delivered 12/1/12 and already nearly 2000 miles on it!
It's a Performance 85kwh, but it's in full stealth mode right now... I "downgraded" to 19" and my spoiler is still a due-bill backorder. :mad:

Photo Location: Carmel, CA

DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4626.jpg

DSC_4553.jpg

DSC_4607.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow, that is exactly what I ordered, Black 85kWh perf w\ tan interior and "downgraded" 19s .. awesome photos! Even more excited now that I've seen these high-res awesome photos of what I'm getting.

Updated:
Did you tint your window's at all? They look slightly darker than what I would expect, but that could be just the color temps with the photos.

Updated:
Ha I was right! I just found your post in my other thread about aftermarket tinting. Said you put "40% ceramic" all around. Nice!

Last edited:
Beautiful photos of a beautiful car in a beautiful setting. Almost made me want to change to black:)
<--- as you see by my profile pic, my other Tesla is bright red. I love my black Model S, but had the multicoat red been available, I probably would have chosen it. Can't wait to see those on the streets...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you tint your window's at all? They look slightly darker than what I would expect, but that could be just the color temps with the photos.

Updated:
Ha I was right! I just found your post in my other thread about aftermarket tinting. Said you put "40% ceramic" all around. Nice!
Yes... went with ceramic 40% on all 4 windows and back glass. love it. I usually actually tint my windshields as well, but decided to hold off doing that on the S for now.

Keep it civil please. Some software doesn't allow editing of quoted posts (e.g. Tapatalk IIRC) and editing is difficult on some platforms (e.g. iPhone)
Don't know from iPhone, but you can kb edit, without highlighting with your mouse/pointer. Hold the Shift key down, and use the cursor keys to highlight. Whether text or pix. Then "delete" takes it away!

<--- as you see by my profile pic, my other Tesla is bright red. I love my black Model S, but had the multicoat red been available, I probably would have chosen it. Can't wait to see those on the streets...

Love the black, looks great. As one who deferred until the red was available I can't tell you how painful it is to see all of these deliveries and know that I have to wait three more months.