TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Black/Tan Photos (#1299)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by JoshG, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JoshG

JoshG Member

#1 JoshG, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Finally got around to taking some pictures of my S. VIN 1299, Delivered 12/1/12 and already nearly 2000 miles on it!
    It's a Performance 85kwh, but it's in full stealth mode right now... I "downgraded" to 19" and my spoiler is still a due-bill backorder. :mad:

Photo Location: Carmel, CA

DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4626.jpg

DSC_4553.jpg

DSC_4607.jpg

2. agileone

agileone CDN P#40

Thanks for these.

A beauty in a beautiful setting ...

My copy of this will be coming a a couple of months... Went straight to my desktop background ...

3. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

Very nice car...I have the exact same config minus the performance. I really like the config and I love your pics. These are going on my desktop!

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

very nice shots!

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Love, love these photographs! I'll probably end up with the non-performance version looking just like this... but man how I long for the 21" silvers. Tho in our neck of the woods 19" all-seasons make better sense.

Thanks Josh.

6. highedu

highedu Member

#6 highedu, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Thanks for posting!

7. rcsting

rcsting Member

Great pictures Josh, is that along 17 mile drive ?

8. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Looks great! Makes me glad I chose black (though I went with black interior (with red piping on the P85) and 21" wheels). Hope to post my own pics by March...

9. kinddog

kinddog Banned

there is no need to reply WITH the pictures again. seriously. internet 101. waste of bandwidth and not very courteous.

10. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

@kinddog, not really a waste of bandwidth, as they're loaded once, then cached. But does make for a long scrolling page.

I don't mind too much though, because they're gorgeous photos. ;)

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Beautiful photos of a beautiful car in a beautiful setting. Almost made me want to change to black:)

12. JoshG

JoshG Member

Looks like it, but it's not. This is along Scenic Drive... right at the bottom of Ocean Ave. in Carmel. Highly recommended.
    Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 6.35.00 PM.png

13. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

#13 yobigd20, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Holy cow, that is exactly what I ordered, Black 85kWh perf w\ tan interior and "downgraded" 19s .. awesome photos! Even more excited now that I've seen these high-res awesome photos of what I'm getting.

Updated:
    Did you tint your window's at all? They look slightly darker than what I would expect, but that could be just the color temps with the photos.

Updated:
    Ha I was right! I just found your post in my other thread about aftermarket tinting. Said you put "40% ceramic" all around. Nice!

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Keep it civil please. Some software doesn't allow editing of quoted posts (e.g. Tapatalk IIRC) and editing is difficult on some platforms (e.g. iPhone)

15. JoshG

JoshG Member

<--- as you see by my profile pic, my other Tesla is bright red. I love my black Model S, but had the multicoat red been available, I probably would have chosen it. Can't wait to see those on the streets...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... went with ceramic 40% on all 4 windows and back glass. love it. I usually actually tint my windshields as well, but decided to hold off doing that on the S for now.

16. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Simply gorgeous photos!! Makes me even more anxious to have mine. 2 weeks and counting...

17. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Don't know from iPhone, but you can kb edit, without highlighting with your mouse/pointer. Hold the Shift key down, and use the cursor keys to highlight. Whether text or pix. Then "delete" takes it away!

18. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Love the black, looks great. As one who deferred until the red was available I can't tell you how painful it is to see all of these deliveries and know that I have to wait three more months.

19. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Tapatalk's newest version allows you to change it. Just remove the ATTACH tags and the number between it.

20. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

I hate to be repetitive, but... beautiful car and the pictures are awesome - nice work!