Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black window trim replacement kit from Alibaba??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

I am a new 2020 P3D- owner and I have been soaking up the information on the forums. I was curious if anyone had experience with completely replacing the black trim with this kit from Alibaba. It doesn't address the chrome at the bottom of the mirror, but it looks like an easily reversible addition.

10 Pcs Abs Car Window Trim Strip For Tesla Model 3 - Buy Window Trim Strip,Tesla Model 3,Window Product on Alibaba.com

10-Pcs-ABS-Car-window-trim-strip.jpg 10-Pcs-ABS-Car-window-trim-strip-1.jpg 10-Pcs-ABS-Car-window-trim-strip-2.jpg

My guess is this stuff sticks on, which isn’t ideal. But if they are replacement pieces..hmm, it could be interesting. Removing the chrome trim is actually quite easy. You guys doing diy chrome delete might find this video quite useful! Wrapping pieces off the car should be really easy. Or painting could be simple and will last forever.

The triangle over the rear quarter window still needs to be done on the car. While it isn’t terribly difficult to remove the mirror to do the lower housing, it seems like releasing the clips could be a bit more involved than most would like.

Plastic taped onto the chrome is going to last several months, even in a country where French is the language being spoken.

I wouldn't do that to my car if you offered me $4,990. :eek:

RT

I prefer the original anodized finish for the trim, but what makes you think this stick on stuff is only going to last a few months? It's held on with the same double sided tape that factory uses to hold on the rear spoilers, and it has an easier life than the spoiler.

Can't run your Tesla through a car wash anyway (thanks Elon!), so I don't see what would cause it to fail in only a few months, especially compared to the stickers (i.e. wrap) people are putting on normally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowie