Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out emblems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no direct link that I can see but I do notice the person who posted the original link did it from the mobile version of the site which is why you are getting everything large and weirdly laid out.
Use this link to get the desktop version of the same page.
Then you just need to choose the 'Dark Black" option from the options listed under the "Color Name:" line.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.56.51 pm.png

How is that? Do I need to put some tape around it to avoid painting the car?

Yes, use painters / automotive tape to create a square area around the emblem, then add some plastic wrap / bags in the surrounding areas. There are tons of youtube videos showing how to do this, it's very easy to do and looks great when done properly IMO. When finished the extra dip peels right off and sticks the emblem. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plastidip+tesla+emblem

Here's a picture of mine:
plastidip.jpeg

I removed all my emblems, then only added a gloss black TESLA on the back. I hate the stock T's as they look like cheap stick-on chrome.
The TESLA badge I got was off Amazon for ~$45. Super easy to apply. I used my laser level, took some measurements to make sure I was straight, put painters tape down, then applied it.

I have done the plastidip thing in the past. My least favorite part was the fading that happens over time due to the sunlight.

Also, it's really easy to apply the plastidip. Just spray all over that area, then use a toothpick when it's tacky to pull up the areas you want.

Reactions: whydontwe
Yes, use painters / automotive tape to create a square area around the emblem, then add some plastic wrap / bags in the surrounding areas. There are tons of youtube videos showing how to do this, it's very easy to do and looks great when done properly IMO. When finished the extra dip peels right off and sticks the emblem. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plastidip+tesla+emblem

Here's a picture of mine:
View attachment 692411
That actually looks a million times better than the original chrome. Great work!

Reactions: bwbrs