Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out hood emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3P a couple of weeks ago. First item on the agenda was paint protection film and a ceramic coating w/paint correction. Looks pretty amazing now and I am very happy with the results.

As part of the paint film on the front, the installer removed the Tesla badge to do a proper job. I still have the OEM chrome badge, but with the 2021 having all black trim now I would like to switch to a black emblem.

Not sure if I should go with gloss black or matte black though. Does anyone have one installed on a red M3? How do they like it? Where did you get it? I've found a couple of places that sell them.

I could just keep the badgeless look as well, but feels like it is missing something without the emblem. Thoughts?

PXL_20210409_161517942.jpg

I picked up my M3P a couple of weeks ago. First item on the agenda was paint protection film and a ceramic coating w/paint correction. Looks pretty amazing now and I am very happy with the results.

As part of the paint film on the front, the installer removed the Tesla badge to do a proper job. I still have the OEM chrome badge, but with the 2021 having all black trim now I would like to switch to a black emblem.

Not sure if I should go with gloss black or matte black though. Does anyone have one installed on a red M3? How do they like it? Where did you get it? I've found a couple of places that sell them.

I could just keep the badgeless look as well, but feels like it is missing something without the emblem. Thoughts?

View attachment 656375
I like the clean look myself. I don't think it's missing anything.

Where did you buy this emblem cover? Got a link to share?
I got mine from rpm Tesla. however Tesla cracked down on a bunch of 3rd party retailers for selling "T" logo products. so they were gone during the fire sale. not sure if you can get them somewhere else.

found them here:

Last edited:
I recommend just using plastidip, its cheap and easy. No removal of the badge required

I took it a step further and bought a matching top vinyl to match my chrome delete (matrix black). you can just buy a satin or glossy emblem to slap ontop of a plastidipped logo and it'll look good.

I think I'll buy an emblem and use the plastidip. Looks good and I like that its removable!

I have the emblem cover for the rear and the bottom doesn’t stay flush. Reason being is the adhesive is in the middle of the emblem in the grooves. This leaves the outer edge and bottom adhesiveless. The slight curve in the body makes it stick out. I plan on getting some hyperdip and just spraying it.

I have the emblem cover for the rear and the bottom doesn’t stay flush. Reason being is the adhesive is in the middle of the emblem in the grooves. This leaves the outer edge and bottom adhesiveless. The slight curve in the body makes it stick out. I plan on getting some hyperdip and just spraying it.

@Braumin Hyperdip is another good option and is made to withstand more harsh elements. I've never used it but apparently, people use it to dip their rims.