Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out nosecone chrome with Armorall product

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BriansTesla

Old school meets new tech
May 8, 2012
AI WA
I wanted to clean up the look of the nosecone area so I decided to try a product I read about (possibly here). I followed the instructions and it went pretty smoothly. I thought it was worth the cost of a can to see if it worked well. I may try it on some other chrome.

I followed the instructions in the video. The stuff takes a while to dry between coats and it looks rough when it's wet but smooths out nicely when it dries. I recommend at least four good coats. The excess peels off well if the coat is heavy enough. If not, or if your masking is not done well, overspray has to be cleaned off with bug and tar remover

I have no association with the company. Videos - Armor All Custom Shield Coating

covered chromet.jpg

I wanted to clean up the look of the nosecone area so I decided to try a product I read about (possibly here). I followed the instructions and it went pretty smoothly. I thought it was worth the cost of a can to see if it worked well. I may try it on some other chrome.

Also:

Plastidip
https://www.dipyourcar.com/

I've been meaning to pick some up to 'paint' my wheels black or a dark dark grey. Can be used on the trim too. They've got a lot of colors available, as well as a gloss finisher. I'm not sure the ArmorAll comes in anything but their flat black.

Their website has videos of them doing complete cars. Prob need a professional sprayer to avoid puddling and runs on surface that large.