TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blacked out nosecone chrome with Armorall product

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by BriansTesla, May 21, 2013.

1. BriansTesla

BriansTesla Old school meets new tech

I wanted to clean up the look of the nosecone area so I decided to try a product I read about (possibly here). I followed the instructions and it went pretty smoothly. I thought it was worth the cost of a can to see if it worked well. I may try it on some other chrome.

I followed the instructions in the video. The stuff takes a while to dry between coats and it looks rough when it's wet but smooths out nicely when it dries. I recommend at least four good coats. The excess peels off well if the coat is heavy enough. If not, or if your masking is not done well, overspray has to be cleaned off with bug and tar remover

I have no association with the company. Videos - Armor All Custom Shield Coating

covered chromet.jpg

2. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

NICE! I may have to do this to mine. Looks really classy.

3. Soflason

Soflason Member

Nice mod, simple but sleek...

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Looks stock. Nice.

5. childressmd

childressmd Member

Also:

Plastidip
    https://www.dipyourcar.com/

I've been meaning to pick some up to 'paint' my wheels black or a dark dark grey. Can be used on the trim too. They've got a lot of colors available, as well as a gloss finisher. I'm not sure the ArmorAll comes in anything but their flat black.

Their website has videos of them doing complete cars. Prob need a professional sprayer to avoid puddling and runs on surface that large.