Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out window trim and More

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the X back from some updating. Will post pics over the weekend. I had all the window trim blacked out and it looks really good. I did leave the chrome around the bottom of the side mirrors as the wrap would peel off when they rotate open and closed. It looks perfectly normal and still ties in with the other bits of chrome I left on the car.

I had the top half of the windshield tinted and it is a 100 percent improvement, especially here in Phoenix.

I also had all of the shiny black wrapped in matte and treated with Opticoat. This includes the seat bottoms and even the chrome pieces at the bottom, rear corner of the seats. Looks much better and will not scratch from kid abuse like the original setup already was.

With the new wheels on, there is not much left to do but enjoy this amazing vehicle.

Just got the X back from some updating. Will post pics over the weekend. I had all the window trim blacked out and it looks really good. I did leave the chrome around the bottom of the side mirrors as the wrap would peel off when they rotate open and closed. It looks perfectly normal and still ties in with the other bits of chrome I left on the car.

I had the top half of the windshield tinted and it is a 100 percent improvement, especially here in Phoenix.

I also had all of the shiny black wrapped in matte and treated with Opticoat. This includes the seat bottoms and even the chrome pieces at the bottom, rear corner of the seats. Looks much better and will not scratch from kid abuse like the original setup already was.

With the new wheels on, there is not much left to do but enjoy this amazing vehicle.
What did the installer tell you the lifespan of the chrome wrap would be? Also, which product did he use? I was considering this but my installer talked me out of it on a previous vehicle, he said it would not hold up for more than 2yrs in FL sun/rain.

Not sure how long the vinyl wrap will last but if it fades in two years, we'll just rewrap it.

Attachments

• IMG_5127.JPG
    IMG_5127.JPG
    740.1 KB · Views: 180
It is matte - yes, the mirrors will peel. I was worried about not doing that small section, but it look totally normal. The mirrors feel like a separate part of the car than the door and window trim. Plus the chrome on the mirrors ties in with the chrome on the door handles and other pieces. Really pleased with how it came out.