Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out Window Trim with Plasti Dip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling I am going to do this eventually too. Unfortunately Tesla used very cheap chrome trim, and I have chips all over my chrome. It looks awful up close. So I'm going to have to hide that as it gets worse.

I also saw a COMPLETELY blacked out P85 at the Queens service center yesterday. It was fully wrapped in black matte (aka full car wrap), plus all the trim work was blacked out, blacked out windows, I didn't get a closer look but either it had the grey 21" wheels or the wheels were blacked out too, the Tesla emblems were painted red, the brake calipers were painted red, the "grey trim areas" (aka the rear diffuser areas , sides, front), everything was blacked out. (I didn't look up close to see if this was carbon fiber or black matte wrap). There wasn't a piece of chrome left on it. It looks like the one above, just a few steps further with the rear diffuser area plus the painted tesla logos and brake calipers. Was that any of you guys?

Watched the video and seems simple enough and cost wise, you can't beat it. How did you do the door handles? Did you tape them off as well? I was thinking of doing the vinyl gloss wrap on all the chrome but that cost vs doing the plastidip is ridiculous.