TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blackview dash cam

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mknac, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Mknac

Mknac Member

i'm planning on purchasing a blackvue dash cam and just plugging into the power port with the adapter.

Is buying the black view battery pack to power it in parking mode worthwhile or ridiculous considering it is running off the Model S battery?

Does the blackvue two channel use enough electricity over say 10 hours that this is even a issue?

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Yea so make sure you get the new DR650S model that just came out, I will post a review of mine installed on the X next week. I would hard wire it to the battery, not to difficult on the S using a always on power from the OBD port. You shouldn't have any power issues with the Tesla

• Like x 1
  3. Mknac

Mknac Member

Thx I'll keep an eye out for your post

4. Barry

Barry Member

No need for it. The Tesla battery has plenty of juice to run the Blackview full time. BTW, you might want to edit your title and make Blackview one word, as it should be, so those who search for "Blackview" will get a hit on it.

• Like x 1
  5. JPP

JPP Active Member

You do not need the PowerMagic Pro when installing a Blackvue into a Tesla. But if you do not hardwire to an always-on 12V source, your Blackvue will not properly operate in Park Mode.

Please take some time to use the neat search features on this site to look for way too much information on the Blackvue and how to install.