Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for the experts: I connected to cloud via Freedompop Mifi. I've been driving around LA all day today and every hour or so I was getting messages " cloud disconnected" and 5 seconds later "cloud reconnected". Not sure if it has to do with Mifi reception or something wrong with Mifi device. Anyone experienced this?

Quick question for the experts: I connected to cloud via Freedompop Mifi. I've been driving around LA all day today and every hour or so I was getting messages " cloud disconnected" and 5 seconds later "cloud reconnected". Not sure if it has to do with Mifi reception or something wrong with Mifi device. Anyone experienced this?

I got the free service from FreedomPop which includes free LTE coverage, but it will disconnect if it drops to 3G unless you upgrade your account which is no longer free. The hotspot will auto switch between 4G/3G, but your account service has to be upgraded to allow for that.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Akikiki

Thats normal since the freedompop drops signal at some locations, I just have the voice notification disabled as it gets annoying

If anyone has an older model Blackvue dashcam sitting around and wanting to get rid of it let me know. I'm looking to install one on my Kia Soul EV just to try it out and get a feel for whether I would use a camera regularly in my Model 3. Not looking to get a high end model for testing, just something basic. PM me with the info and I'll get back to you.

I figured this would be a good place to post since everyone here has new ones. Apologize for the somewhat OT post. ;)

Thanks,
RT

I got the free service from FreedomPop which includes free LTE coverage, but it will disconnect if it drops to 3G unless you upgrade your account which is no longer free. The hotspot will auto switch between 4G/3G, but your account service has to be upgraded to allow for that.

Hope this helps!
I got the free service from FreedomPop but have not yet installed it in the car. Will the car automatically try to upload video to the cloud, thus using up the 500 mb quota quickly? Is there a way to set it to not do this and only transmit when I open the app?

I got the free service from FreedomPop but have not yet installed it in the car. Will the car automatically try to upload video to the cloud, thus using up the 500 mb quota quickly? Is there a way to set it to not do this and only transmit when I open the app?

It doesn't auto upload to the cloud, it's like an IP camera with a DVR system. When you use the app, you remotely connect to the camera however you can manually upload footage to the clouds by selecting each clip. The 500mb is suffice for my use

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
So, I finally optimized my BV settings somewhat. The only thing I can't figure out is how to turn off "cloud connected/disconnected" notifications. I was at a meeting 2 days ago and I've gotten 27 connected/disconnected notifications on my phone since I was in an area of poor freedompop reception (I guess). Very annoying. Anyone know if these could be turned off? I didn't see a toggle anywhere to turn these off. Thanks!

So, I finally optimized my BV settings somewhat. The only thing I can't figure out is how to turn off "cloud connected/disconnected" notifications. I was at a meeting 2 days ago and I've gotten 27 connected/disconnected notifications on my phone since I was in an area of poor freedompop reception (I guess). Very annoying. Anyone know if these could be turned off? I didn't see a toggle anywhere to turn these off. Thanks!

You can disable it by logging into the BlackVue app, selecting your email and unchecking cloud connectivity alerts or you can do it in the actual dashcam settings under cloud

Calibred Customs installed a BlackVue in my 2016 AP1 X just last week on their tour out in the Northeast. Totally clean install, incredibly professional experience. If you're looking for a factory style install Johnny and his techs are who you want!

Do you mind me asking the price and when will they do their next tour in the Northeast? Thanks

Do you mind me asking the price and when will they do their next tour in the Northeast? Thanks
$400. I think they do tours as they get enough demand, so just email and ask. I know $400 is fairly pricey for an install but I feel it was totally worth it. The work took a long time, was very painstaking, and the outcome is phenomenal. Johnny's tech was incredibly professional and took his time to do the job right.

• Helpful
Reactions: ckwong
This looks great!
I'm getting it as soon as it's available
Wires hidden in the OEM channel?

I hope to receive the first AP1 copies tomorrow.
After checking they will be available on Amazon or directly on EDR Auto France.
Yes the cables pass well in the OEM channel and it requires a meticulous work because there is not much free space.

343828IMG2580.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy