Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....snip........ boom overnight it burned through my allotment.

Maybe i need to wipe the config and start again from scratch. worst case i will delete the mifi and only let it connect at home and sniff the traffic.
please let us know if this works for you, because we're in the same scenario. Our complete reset did zilch.
BUT - what's equally disconcerting is how hot the device gets just sitting in the 60 degree garage at night. the camera feels like it's at least hi jacuzzi temp's ... ~ 110°.
So if the camera's that hot in 60° shade - & a 75° sunny day easily yields 95° temp's in a car w/widows up ... wouldn't it be safe to conclude the 650S's 140° max operating temps are already exceded?
I've been running AC solely directed up the windshield to keep the thing cooler. But man - that cool air is starting to affect my sinuses swolen eyes is not a good look.
:(

I had the DR650S-2CH installed in my other car but I have to say the quality of the videos were not as good as I would expect especially from the 720p rear camera. It is difficult to capture other cars' license plate unless we were both at the same speeds or at a standstill, which defeats the purpose of having a dash cam in the first place.

It is one of the best looking dash cams out there especially with that neat looking bracket but if you're looking for a dash cam that can produce clear footage in case of an accident, I would advise you to look into other ones.

Just my $0.02.

I had the DR650S-2CH installed in my other car but I have to say the quality of the videos were not as good as I would expect especially from the 720p rear camera. It is difficult to capture other cars' license plate unless we were both at the same speeds or at a standstill, which defeats the purpose of having a dash cam in the first place.

It is one of the best looking dash cams out there especially with that neat looking bracket but if you're looking for a dash cam that can produce clear footage in case of an accident, I would advise you to look into other ones.

Just my $0.02.
What other ones? I found few that match the features of the DR650S. I did end up with a 4 camera setup so I have the 1080p camera in the back and the 2 720p on either side window which is a great setup, but at twice the cost.

We have just received the first copy.
Quantities are very limited
We also deliver a black film to hide the silver serial number on the Dashcam

121221IMG2861p.jpg

885772IMG2863p.jpg

Just received mine today in the mail. Can someone do a videp walkthrough on how to disassemble and assemble this?

IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0656.JPG
I just did my install......but I did a HUGE rookie mistake.

I ran my front black front cables in the open conduit and put everything back together except for taping it down as I wanted to test everything. TOTALLY forgot to run the rear at the same time so now I'll have to everything apart AGAIN!

Sorry didn't make a video, just a few pictures. Which I'll post later.

My issue is I did the cigarette adapter/obd II wire split to get constant power but for some reason I get no power at all.

Blackvue cigarette into cigarette adapter spliced with obd adapter. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 228392 View attachment 228393
My issue is I did the cigarette adapter/obd II wire split to get constant power but for some reason I get no power at all.

Blackvue cigarette into cigarette adapter spliced with obd adapter. What am I doing wrong?

@LuckyX , are your tire pressure sensors working? If your tire pressure sensors aren't working then, the fuse is probably blown. You can try plugging a cell phone charger into the cigarette adapter to see if you're getting power from the OBD2/cigarette plug. Just be careful not to plug something in that pulls too much power or else you'll blow the fuse.

The other option is to get a cigarette extension cable so that you can plug in the blackvue cigarette cable into the outlet in the center console (you most likely don't have enough excess cable to reach after running the cable around the trim).

If the camera still won't power on from the outlet in the center console, you can try buying a new blackview power cable. Hopefully it doesn't come to that because then you'd have to re-run a new power cable.

@Nerdy_Engineer my tire sensors are working also my 12v in the center is working. After the obd port wasnt providing power, I pulled out the wiring from the trim to test in the center 12v and it powered up perfectly.

I may have to redo my splicing job as I did it quick as a test, if it worked I would have spliced and crimped the wired cleanly.

IMG_0659.PNG

Checking in from the PNW. Johnny at Calibred Customs just completed a DR650S-2CH install on my Model X. Top-notch work -- I'm very happy with the results.

Knowing that it's impossible to get the hatch inside cover off without breaking tabs, he fed the wires through with a zip tie instead. I would have just mangled my tabs had I tried doing it myself.