Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
David, how goes the redesigned MX AP2 bracket?

First integration test on Tesla X AP2
It looks good but it still requires some improvement in the clips holding not big enough.
We will have to wait a few days

306077P1170396p.jpg

636894P1170384p.jpg

556861P1170389p.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
Last weekend, I installed the AP1 version of this blackvue bracket and thought I would share my opinions.

The replacement bracket is much thinner and flimsier than the OEM bracket that it replaces, which is both good and bad. It's good because it makes it more flexible and easier to snap in (because the fit isn't perfect) and bad because it doesn't feel as robust and I do worry that it will fall out.

Also, the texture and color isn't a perfect match to the OEM piece or the surrounding module. As mentioned above, the fit isn't perfect either so it doesn't sit flush against the rest of the mirror unit. Also the blackvue can easily rotate and slide left-right in this unit as there is no system to secure this in place (it is a friction fit). Fortunately for me, my cables have absolutely no slack, so they are keeping the dashcam secured.

However, once installed, you cannot see any of it from the driver/passenger seat (or from outside), so as long as it's a secure solution, you won't notice any of these things. It's been on for 36 hours so far without any incident. Fortunately, it's protected by the mirror, but if it were to suffer any impact, I would expect it to pop-out.

Good enough that one look at the video and the cop snorted and said enjoy your new car after I got hit. Enough that $25k in damages was 100% someone else's fault

I had the DR650S-2CH installed in my other car but I have to say the quality of the videos were not as good as I would expect especially from the 720p rear camera. It is difficult to capture other cars' license plate unless we were both at the same speeds or at a standstill, which defeats the purpose of having a dash cam in the first place.

It is one of the best looking dash cams out there especially with that neat looking bracket but if you're looking for a dash cam that can produce clear footage in case of an accident, I would advise you to look into other ones.

Just my $0.02.

It looks good but it still requires some improvement in the clips holding not big enough.

I would love to get my hands on one of these. I just had my DR650S installed in my AP2 Model X and I need to go back to have the wires tucked away better. I'd love to get this bracket before then to simplify the entire re-wiring and mounting.

Has anyone heard from David or EDR-Auto since this was posted over 2 months ago? His account shows no further postings after this one.

Meanwhile, they have a confusing item on their site. The URL and most of the text on the page says AP1, but the graphic and the "Reference" item says that it is for AP2. Has anyone tried this on their AP2 Model X yet?

http://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/en/tesla/205-support-integre-tesla-x-ap1-blackvue-dr650-gw-et-s.html

Has anyone heard from David or EDR-Auto since this was posted over 2 months ago? His account shows no further postings after this one.

Meanwhile, they have a confusing item on their site. The URL and most of the text on the page says AP1, but the graphic and the "Reference" item says that it is for AP2. Has anyone tried this on their AP2 Model X yet?

Support integré TESLA X AP1 Blackvue DR650 GW et S - EDR-AUTO

I hope someone can reach @David77 (last seen on TMC: 11w ago) — I’d like to pick one of the new 3D Tesla X AP2 Blackview mount brackets also. I agree it is a little confusing with the working on the site. My 750s should be delivered soon.

Yup have been using the method for almost a year in two of my cars

Does this option still work in 2017? I have a new model S showing up next week and would like to know if I can simply plug a router into the USB port to allow my blackvue to utilize the could feature. Thank in advance for any help offered. I am still trying to figure out exactly how I am going to finish the install when the car arrives.

Regards.

Does this option still work in 2017? I have a new model S showing up next week and would like to know if I can simply plug a router into the USB port to allow my blackvue to utilize the could feature. Thank in advance for any help offered. I am still trying to figure out exactly how I am going to finish the install when the car arrives.

Regards.

I don't think the USB ports remain active. Some found it to be active on the X but not sure if that's the case

Sorry for all this time that I did not answer but we had some difficulties to realize the support Blackvue DR750 & 650 for Tesla X AP2
Indeed we have this time use a professional scanner to achieve a very accurate 3D model.
The 3D model is now done and I think there are only a few days left for fit and first impressions. He'll be cool
I will keep you informed soon for availability.
767514MountBracketAP2.png

Reactions: hill