Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for all this time that I did not answer but we had some difficulties to realize the support Blackvue DR750 & 650 for Tesla X AP2
Indeed we have this time use a professional scanner to achieve a very accurate 3D model.
The 3D model is now done and I think there are only a few days left for fit and first impressions. He'll be cool
I will keep you informed soon for availability.
767514MountBracketAP2.png

How does this work for all three dashcams? The 750s is a slightly different size so the OEM brackets from Blackvue aren't interchangable. I had to take off my old dashcam brackets and use the new brackets that came with the 750s.

Reactions: Akikiki
Sorry for all this time that I did not answer but we had some difficulties to realize the support Blackvue DR750 & 650 for Tesla X AP2
Indeed we have this time use a professional scanner to achieve a very accurate 3D model.
The 3D model is now done and I think there are only a few days left for fit and first impressions. He'll be cool
Is there an improved AP1.0 version in the works too???

How does this work for all three dashcams? The 750s is a slightly different size so the OEM brackets from Blackvue aren't interchangable. I had to take off my old dashcam brackets and use the new brackets that came with the 750s.

The original bracket may indeed be different but not the diameter of the tube which is the same for the DR650S and 750S range.
So it is not a problem for 3D support with different versions

Reactions: hiroshiy
Am VERY much looking forward to being one of your 1st AP2 customers - and looking forward to getting the camera up higher underneath the existing 3 tesla forward looking camera/sensors, if only to get the Blackvue out of direct sunlight a bit more. Blackvue's operate quite warm as it is, & this may help a bit.
Will they come in black only?
thanks

Pls keep us posted soon!

My DR750S is sitting in a box waiting to get this bracket before I swap it in for my DR650S. I would love to get my hands on one soon!
Curious why one would upgrade. The only significant difference seems to be an ever so slightly better night vision CMOS. But the big issues - failure of cloud video Xfer to operate w/ any kind of speed, and motion detection being either on or off (because regardless where you set the numerous settings ... ANY motion w/in 200 feet - even light flicker on 1" tree leaves from very far oof will set off detection) is the same if you crank motion down to lowest setting. Hardly worth the extra cost. Again ... just curious in light of what a huge disappointment the 650 is in these regards. Seems to be the same on the blog/boards too ... that the 750 has the same issues. I guess you can put an even larger card in it, at least.