Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need an installer for MD/DC/VA area. Any suggestions other than Hurley's would be appreciated!
Agree they wanted 400 dollars a 4 hr operation. With no experience with dash cams I did blackvue two camera install on my own. Took 2 hrs because I had no clue at the beginning. All wires hidden with only exception wire attached to outside of the wind shield channel up to roof line. Very neat. Did not need to remove any panels, just push into seams along the panels with pry tool they provide with dash cam

Agree they wanted 400 dollars a 4 hr operation. With no experience with dash cams I did blackvue two camera install on my own. Took 2 hrs because I had no clue at the beginning. All wires hidden with only exception wire attached to outside of the wind shield channel up to roof line. Very neat. Did not need to remove any panels, just push into seams along the panels with pry tool they provide with dash cam
Do you have the S or the X?

You have given me the courage to install mine too! Where did you find power for the camera?
Look at last picture of the first post in thread. I was confused about it. Pulled out carpet above the kick plate (don't worry easy to tuck back with the pty tool). I thought it was behind the kick plate but it's above the kick plate. Very easy. Continuous power when car is off. As others commented I would not worry about battery accessory they sell, it will not affect vampire drain when car off. I would test the monitor by plugging it into 12 volt plug since warrantee is void once you cut the 12 volt plug off. Had trouble telling which orientation was up so I scotch taped it loosely to be sure images upright (can invert images when viewing but did not want to do that all the time) before permanent mount