Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anothers pictures with model validated for sale
835845P1160435p.jpg

996274P1160445p.jpg

258808P1160446p.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
Westsiders - Al & Ed's did my S last year and X this year - flawless. They have a continuous line-up of Teslas being installed and are very reputable, fantastic guys and local for any subsequent tweakng or questions. DR650S-2CH $699 all-in ~ 3 hours and they'll uber you to/from a desitnation of your chosing to kill the time.

699 with camera? How much do they charge for installation only?

699 with camera? How much do they charge for installation only?
Yes with camera, sorry, unsure about installation only. I like supporting local businesses and for the few extra bucks I may have paid all-in, they deserve it. I get fantastic service from these guys across all products (audio, video, tint, etc)

Call (310) 827-8121 and ask for Joe or Ezekial. Straight shooters. It can't hurt to ask.

Yes with camera, sorry, unsure about installation only. I like supporting local businesses and for the few extra bucks I may have paid all-in, they deserve it. I get fantastic service from these guys across all products (audio, video, tint, etc)

Call (310) 827-8121 and ask for Joe or Ezekial. Straight shooters. It can't hurt to ask.

$699 all in is actually not bad. Johnny charges $800 with the camera.

Now you tell me
:p
Dang !! once again .... a day late & a dollar short. I'd started drafting a couple 3D printer renderings that may have been an entrepreneurial opportunity for us AP2 folk .... on the other hand .... thanks !! saved me/us a bunch of time!

Please wait 2 weeks and it will be available on Amazon and Ebay ;)

For AP2 I need original sample that I do not currently have
Do you mean the AP2 model will be available in 2 weeks on Amazon and eBay? Or AP2 version is TBD date because you still need an original sample? If it's really coming in 2 weeks, I will delay my DIY installation of BlackVue till then to get this mount :)

I had my BlackVue installed today. Now I am looking into getting a 128 Gb micro SD card. Any recommendions? Thanks!

I was looking at the same thing. Here's a good webpage that analyzes what SD card works best with dash cams. Apparently, you don't want too fast of a card as it results in overheating and poor video.

Best SD Cards for BlackVue Dash Cams

I'm getting the Lexar 300x 64G. I've had some issues with other cards dying so hopefully, this one will work better.

I was looking at the same thing. Here's a good webpage that analyzes what SD card works best with dash cams. Apparently, you don't want too fast of a card as it results in overheating and poor video.

Best SD Cards for BlackVue Dash Cams
Sadly the opening paragraph is already incorrect, which puts the rest of it under some question too.

General considerations for Micro SD cards are the type of memory used (MLC, SLC, TLC) which will limit the number of write cycles. MLC is the most expensive and best.
In reality SLC is fastest and most expensive (and has the most write cycles. but least density). No idea if anybody makes SLC flash cards anymore.
TLC on the other hand while the least robust has the most density, so probably easier to find in higher capacity cards. Also cheaper (less cells per byte).

There's a number of other things they don't take into consideration (like random small IO speed that sandisk typically excels at and that becomes important as you write over the card several times (increasing fragmentation)).