Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 4 Channel No Splice - Calibred Customs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery on our Model X last month in December 2017 and immediately took it on a road trip from San Diego to the Bay Area to visit family and take the Tesla Facory Tour. All it took was a very tiny rock chip to realize that we needed to protect the car finish. So last week we had Tim Coats at Adonis Detail apply Clearguard Nano over the entire car and Photosync 35 to all the windows except the windshield. Now we are ready for the dashcam and 360 coverage.

This Friday, 6 February, Johnny from Calibred Customs is visiting San Diego and will be installing a 4 channel Blackvue system on our X. I purchased the Trailer Brake ECU adapter harness(see attached pic) from the Service Center and asked Johnny to power the Blackvue's using the Trailer Brake harness without spicing into the exisitng wiring. He normally powers the Blackvue's through the door harnesses but this Trailer Brake harness connector is available at the drivers foot panel and can be used for constant power without additional splicing. Will see how that installation goes and report back,

Everyone knows Johnny and Darius from Calibred do very clean installs. If you need to get your Blackvue's installed in San Diego, give him a shout as Johnny himself will be in town 6 Feb and has availability in the afternoon.
AA27EF3A-8F72-43FB-9903-89A2969B035E.jpeg
CE18EC95-6D04-4608-9CA1-F8D1AF63FD90.jpeg

Quick positive review for Johnny at Calibred. For those of you on the West Coast, he travels into Oregon/Washington from time to time. This guy is a pro, worth every penny. My install is absolutely sano......Calibred did amazing work.

The trailer control adapter is very to use. I bought a 12v female plug for $6 from Amazon and wire it to the trailer adapter (Make sure you tape off the other 2 wires). I then hide it behind the plastic panel, all is good.

I would take pictures except everything is jammed behind the dash. It's too hard to get to it.

Where will the additional cameras be placed? I have the BlackVue 650S 2 channel for the front and back of my X, but wasn't aware more could be added. Can all 4 be viewed through the same IP on the app or do you have to log into the separate systems?

The trailer control adapter is very to use. I bought a 12v female plug for $6 from Amazon and wire it to the trailer adapter (Make sure you tape off the other 2 wires). I then hide it behind the plastic panel, all is good.

I would take pictures except everything is jammed behind the dash. It's too hard to get to it.
Does the trailer control adapter provide always on power?