Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 2 ch cloud questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Everyone,

Need a little help/suggestions on how to fix my blackvue cloud problem. I recently received a replacement camera from the vendor and having difficulty with cloud access. After several back and forth emails with both blackvue and the vendor, this morning I discovered that the Mac address that blackvue provided in an email is not the same mac address showing up on my mobile hotspot. Blackvue also confirmed according to their records the camera is registered. However, when I power up the camera, it says "unregistered camera"
Is is possible that is the reason the cloud access is not working because of these conflicting mac addresses? Not that tech savy, but it stands to reason if blackvue has one Mac address for the camera, but it is the wrong address, then the camera won't access their servers!
I fired off an email this morning to blackvue, but of course wont get an answer from them until tomorrow because of the time difference.
Any ideas or thoughts are most welcome.
Thanks in advance

have you already tried registering as a new camera using the QR code? or perhaps ask support to unregister your camera, then try registering it again? just a thought...

in my experience it seems Blackvue support is pretty clueless about MAC addresses.
if you read my earlier posts in this same thread you'll see how I had to manually decipher the 2nd MAC address for Cloud - would have been trivial setup if Blackvue had better documentation, a sticker on the box with both full MAC addresses, or if they knew that MAC addresses have 6 hex digits and not just 3.

hope you get yours working, let us know how it goes

Unregistered the old camera. Register the new one......
Blackvue confirmed the camera registered in their servers, however, the camera continues to indicate "unregistered camera". I dont really need the cloud service, but it is the principal of the thing! I pushed the problem to the vendor and they said they would work on fixing the problem via blackvue. So the saga continues......
I still think it is the conflict between the mac addresses, that prevents the cloud service from working.

Has anyone found a way to directly access the camera storage via your LAN? I know you can connect your phone to the camera when it is acting as an access point, but I'd like to see if I can access the camera storage when it is a client on my LAN. When I access the IP address that is assigned to the camera on my LAN, I just get a landing page that just says "blackvue" with no indications of any further access available. LAN access would be nice for the convenience factor of transferring the files and not counting against the limits of the blackvue cloud monthly transfer bandwidth.

Has anyone found a way to directly access the camera storage via your LAN? I know you can connect your phone to the camera when it is acting as an access point, but I'd like to see if I can access the camera storage when it is a client on my LAN. When I access the IP address that is assigned to the camera on my LAN, I just get a landing page that just says "blackvue" with no indications of any further access available. LAN access would be nice for the convenience factor of transferring the files and not counting against the limits of the blackvue cloud monthly transfer bandwidth.
another TMC member posted in an another thread a program he wrote called Blackvue Downloader, see post #141 in this thread - that might help you out
I have not yet tried it myself but it looks very useful.

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
I use the Netgear mingle from freedompop which offers 500MB per month for free. I hard wired the mifi to my car's battery.

Free Wireless Internet | Free Internet | 4G Wireless Internet - FreedomPop

Its been a little while since anyone posted stuff about hotspots. I wanted to provide a brief update. Share this on other threads regarding hotspots if you wish. Many of us had been using Freedompop hotspots. The data is free but limited. Freedompop has been purchased by Ting - ting.com They are shutting Freedompop down as the convert Freedompop accounts to Ting.

Ting is cheap phone service. $ 6 + taxes for a line, unlimited voice and text. They have a hotspot. Its the Franklin R850 like we used on Freedompop. One hotspot, one price for data. The new Franklin R850 is $40 new and $25 refurbished. With it you get 30 GB of data a month for $25 +taxes. Less than a $ 1 a GB. Pretty good deal. Maybe later they will expand to more hotspots.

Its been a little while since anyone posted stuff about hotspots. I wanted to provide a brief update. Share this on other threads regarding hotspots if you wish. Many of us had been using Freedompop hotspots. The data is free but limited. Freedompop has been purchased by Ting - ting.com They are shutting Freedompop down as the convert Freedompop accounts to Ting.

Ting is cheap phone service. $ 6 + taxes for a line, unlimited voice and text. They have a hotspot. Its the Franklin R850 like we used on Freedompop. One hotspot, one price for data. The new Franklin R850 is $40 new and $25 refurbished. With it you get 30 GB of data a month for $25 +taxes. Less than a $ 1 a GB. Pretty good deal. Maybe later they will expand to more hotspots.

Huh? Freedompop is still around, but their free plan is now 200 mb / mo instead of 500.

I have a Verizon Mifi that I'm going to use on their Hotspot plan....it's unlocked GSM, so it should work I think