Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the additional info. I plan on taking my X for a similar install, how much did they charge for the entire install? I assume you provided all the parts?
Provided all the parts, except the USB adapter. Remember to get one from Amazon before you go. They charged me 4-hour, $75 per hour because that's first Model X they had worked on. By the way, how did you set up BlackVue Cloud to upload minimal data through Netgear Mingle? I don't want it to consume all 500MB in one-day.

Provided all the parts, except the USB adapter. Remember to get one from Amazon before you go. They charged me 4-hour, $75 per hour because that's first Model X they had worked on. By the way, how did you set up BlackVue Cloud to upload minimal data through Netgear Mingle? I don't want it to consume all 500MB in one-day.

Thanks, please send me a link of the USB adapter they used. Did they make a hole in the center counsel to get the adapter in? Also, can you post photos of the dash cam behind the mirror, how did they navigate the wire along the panoramic windshield and falcon wing doors?

Just limit your usage to preserve data, I currently have mine to simply send me notifications if an impact is detected in parking mode. If that occurs, I will check the live stream. So if you simply limit your usage it will preserve data, it uses very little data to send the notifications.

Thanks, please send me a link of the USB adapter they used. Did they make a hole in the center counsel to get the adapter in? Also, can you post photos of the dash cam behind the mirror, how did they navigate the wire along the panoramic windshield and falcon wing doors?

Just limit your usage to preserve data, I currently have mine to simply send me notifications if an impact is detected in parking mode. If that occurs, I will check the live stream. So if you simply limit your usage it will preserve data, it uses very little data to send the notifications.
Please find the link and picture of my main camera wiring below.

Amazon.com: BlueFire® 3in1 Universal Motorcycle 2 Port Dual Car USB Charger Duel USB Charger Adapter Outlet 2.1A Marine Motorbike Scooters: Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 187
Did the discount expire? I just tried it and it said
  • Coupon code "TESLALOVESRVS" is not valid.

Please see the information in the opening post. The short answer is "yes", but if you call, they may still honor it.

Here's the relevant part, from the first post:

Rear View Safety will honor this price through at least the end of the week (04/8/2016.) If you try to order after that date, and the discount code has stopped working, try to call James and see if he will still honor the price.

Guess I didn't fully RTFA. I read this a while back and didn't notice that. Thanks :)

I really think if you call there's a pretty decent chance they'll honor the price. My feeling when I was on the phone with him, and I suggested a code so that people could order online this time, was that he just didn't want the code to be around very long, so was having it expire after a relatively short time, just to be safe. If you want one, call. The worst that will happen is they'll say no. (Just be sure to ask for James, at the correct extension.)

Can anyone say whether for the install the Blackvue requires drilling a hole in the dash as someone said earlier in this thread? Any clear guide as to installation? A friend of mine recommended the following:
From grant:

http://www.amazon.com/Wirecutters-Z...B018YRBQSK&tag=thewire06-20&ascsubtag=WC22088

He said installation was easy and the quality of picture is great. The only hit is the sound quality is not great outside of the car. It's a bit muffled. Can anyone speak to the sound quality with Blackvue? How is it? TIA!

Can anyone say whether for the install the Blackvue requires drilling a hole in the dash as someone said earlier in this thread? Any clear guide as to installation? A friend of mine recommended the following:
From grant:

http://www.amazon.com/Wirecutters-Z...B018YRBQSK&tag=thewire06-20&ascsubtag=WC22088

He said installation was easy and the quality of picture is great. The only hit is the sound quality is not great outside of the car. It's a bit muffled. Can anyone speak to the sound quality with Blackvue? How is it? TIA!

No drilling required, it just sticks to the windshield with double sided tape. Check out my review on my channel MacTechGenius

Reactions: sflecarfan