Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I'll try to find an installer in FL. Can anyone share any pics of a professional install? Thanks @petfansNetwork for sharing your pic. I'd like to see any if anyone who got their professionally installed could take some close ups of the wire running along the front windshield and particularly how the camera looks behind the windshield (pic taken standing outside of the car from the hood looking in).

Today I'll try to find an installer in FL. Can anyone share any pics of a professional install? Thanks @petfansNetwork for sharing your pic. I'd like to see any if anyone who got their professionally installed could take some close ups of the wire running along the front windshield and particularly how the camera looks behind the windshield (pic taken standing outside of the car from the hood looking in).

I can't remember the exact thread where someone posted the pics but he got it professionally installed at Beach Audio in Huntington Beach. I think you can find the post by searching for Beach Audio on the Model X forum

Reactions: sflecarfan
@K-MTG I just re-watched your YouTube review again of the Blackvue but noticed you didn't say anything about the audio quality. Can you tell me if there is video and what you think of the quality? I still haven't found those pics from Beach Audio. Are you sure the installation was on an X? Or rather in this forum?

@K-MTG I just re-watched your YouTube review again of the Blackvue but noticed you didn't say anything about the audio quality. Can you tell me if there is video and what you think of the quality? I still haven't found those pics from Beach Audio. Are you sure the installation was on an X? Or rather in this forum?

The audio quality is average, not perfect but still pretty good. I will post a follow up video shortly.

Found the post: Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card

How good can the audio be? In other threads people are looking for noise reduction. I would think that the better Tesla does at reducing the noises while driving, the worse the audio would be for a microphone located inside the car...

• Helpful
I will be getting my BlackVue done very soon. My installer says they run the wire through the factory housing rather than going on the side so the install will look much cleaner. Anyone else had it done this way?
Please let us know how it turns out. Did they mention creating their own cables to install this way, or are they able to somehow use the included cable? Where are they planning to position the front camera? Next to the mirror? Any estimate of cost?

Please let us know how it turns out. Did they mention creating their own cables to install this way, or are they able to somehow use the included cable? Where are they planning to position the front camera? Next to the mirror? Any estimate of cost?

I will be dropping my car off either today or tomorrow. I did not ask about pricing, but will find out and let you know. Premiere (company I'm using for installation of the Blackvue, photosync, and paint film) is a Blackvue distributor. Do I hear group buy? They have the 16gb in stock. If you guys are interested, let me know and I will talk to them about putting something together. I will be picking up a 64 or 128sd separately, which makes a lot more sense.

I will be dropping my car off either today or tomorrow. I did not ask about pricing, but will find out and let you know. Premiere (company I'm using for installation of the Blackvue, photosync, and paint film) is a Blackvue distributor. Do I hear group buy? They have the 16gb in stock. If you guys are interested, let me know and I will talk to them about putting something together. I will be picking up a 64 or 128sd separately, which makes a lot more sense.

What city is it located? Are they located in SoCal?

I will be getting my BlackVue done very soon. My installer says they run the wire through the factory housing rather than going on the side so the install will look much cleaner. Anyone else had it done this way?

My pro installation guru says that on the X the factory channel adhered to the windshield from the mirror/camera back is not big enough to hold the 2 extra cables (12v and coax to rear camera). YMMV.