Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
James is apparently out of the office today. The lady I spoke to asked the manager and said that they are raising prices to $325 now and anticipate going up higher later. Looks like I'm already too late.

Well, it is a week after the date he said he would definitely honor the price for, and we know he went quite a bit longer than that.

Sorry it looks like you just missed out, but the price you'd be paying is just $15 more, and that's still a very solid price.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Since Electric1 got the $310 price today, you may want to hold out for James. I don't know if Electric1 (or you, for that matter) had left your information on James' voicemail previously or not, which may have bearing on this.
I had no prior contact, just called today, asked for James and was told he was out of the office. The guy on the phone said. That he would honor the price, I gave him my info and now I have atrackingno. Sorry that Madartist didn't get the same treatment.

I called as well and they took my order and shipping it out today.

Does the power magic pro come in a separate box? All I got was the camera.

My Power Magic Pro was packaged in its own box, but shipped in the same larger box with the Blackvue. I doubt Rearview Safety would want to be shipping you two boxes.

I see that you did not order with James, but rather ordered on Tuesday, with someone else. I fear there may have been miscommunication between you and that person and what that person thought you were supposed to be getting. Hopefully they will straighten it out for you.

I'm in the same boat, two 650s showed up Friday and look great but without the PMPs. I do however see that a second package label was generated to my address by them but not yet shipped. I doubt there is an issue but I'll touch base with them next week if it doesn't ship.

Peter

I'm in the same boat, two 650s showed up Friday and look great but without the PMPs. I do however see that a second package label was generated to my address by them but not yet shipped. I doubt there is an issue but I'll touch base with them next week if it doesn't ship.

Peter

Well, the second label is a good sign.

A couple of possibilities come to mind. One is that they were just short on the Power Magic Pros, and wanted to ship the Blackvues immediately, and follow up with the Power Magic Pros when they had them. I think that is actually less likely than the other possibility, though. The other possibility is that there was a misunderstanding with whomever it was that processed the order, but at some point James got involved and corrected the error after the Blackvue units had shipped.

I am optimistic that it will turn out OK for you two.

Just a quick update on my PMPs, I called today since my second package hadn't shipped yet, gave my order number, mentioned the missing PMPs, and gave the extra tracking number. They came back within a few minutes and said to ignore the extra unshipped tracking number, and they would have the PMPs to me in the mail today. If you are missing your PMPs, I would recommend just giving sales a quick call to check on when you should expect them, and they should take care of you quickly.

Peter

Back up cam installed! Total cost $650. No idea how to use it...guess I best read the instructions.
Should mention, my installer did not use the PMP. Seems to be working fine. May just sell it on ebay or something.
I am impressed with the image quality. I have viewed a few videos on the iPhone app directly off of the BlackVue device.
Still haven't taken the SD card out to try on the computer for real editing.

Is there a reason to us a PMP on a Tesla? It seems like the one car on the planet that you wouldn't want to use it especially if you're going to use parking mode. The battery is already being partially discharged and charged 6 times a day by the main battery. Running the power to the camera constantly will increase this rate 5% or so. The Tesla is the one car you can leave the camera on in park mode for days and not worry about running down the 12v battery.

Is there a reason to us a PMP on a Tesla? It seems like the one car on the planet that you wouldn't want to use it especially if you're going to use parking mode. The battery is already being partially discharged and charged 6 times a day by the main battery. Running the power to the camera constantly will increase this rate 5% or so. The Tesla is the one car you can leave the camera on in park mode for days and not worry about running down the 12v battery.

Me personally, I have had a Blackvue 550 for about 22 months, and NO PMP. Makes no sense to me. In an ICE you have the real risk of running down your 12v. In the Model S, if the 12v gets low, the DC-to-DC converter recharges it from the traction pack. The Blackvue sips only a few watts. It would take a very long time to deplete the traction pack. And, FWIW the Blackvue has a Parking mode that does reduce power draw somewhat. I have mine hooked up to always on 12v, and like the assurance of Parking mode to switch the camera on for impacts exceeding the 3 axis G-force parameters I have specified, or for motion detected at the sensitivity I set.

I actually wanted to get the 650 in the OPs deal without the PMP but the retailer wanted to sell the bundle (and the price was better than buying only the 650 from another reseller). So I have a new 650 sitting on my desk, and a PMP to offload on eBay. I plan to install the 650 in my wife's P70D (...see sig below).

YMMV.

Started getting a continuous "Check SD Card" message this morning. Looking at the trouble shooting and some other forums, it says I have to take the card out and put it in my computer to reformat. Apparently they recommend weekly formatting.
That is a pain in the butt, and, frankly, kind of odd that they can't figure out how to avoid that.

Started getting a continuous "Check SD Card" message this morning. Looking at the trouble shooting and some other forums, it says I have to take the card out and put it in my computer to reformat. Apparently they recommend weekly formatting.
That is a pain in the butt, and, frankly, kind of odd that they can't figure out how to avoid that.

I haven't had mine installed yet, but I think the card can be formatted in the camera.