Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with recurrent errors?
I had, in the first month after install, the issue of a formatting error requiring removal of the micro-SD card and formatting on my PC. I read after that that I'm supposed to reformat, in camera, weekly. That's sort of a pain as I'd prefer the operation be invisible unless/until there is an incident that I need to review. But so be it, I set a weekly reminder.

Last week I did the reformat and 2 days later had some error message that I was able to clear with another reformat (in camera).
Today is Tuesday, reformat day, and I did the reformat (in camera) and ended up with a "Invalid system configuration.”, which apparently means that the Config file is broken. Not really much information out there how to fix that, I assume it means removing the SD card again and popping in my PC again.

Is this normal for this product?

Does the GPS work for everyone? I mounted mine just under the autopilot camera and I've never gotten a GPS signal. Actually I got the correct time so it must be getting a signal, but my location and MPH data is missing from the recordings. Anyone else with the same issue?

This is a known issue due to the Model S windshield. I have my camera mounted in the same place and have occasionally picked up GPS info, but it doesn't happen often.

I can't get this "Invalid Configuration" issue resolved. Anyone have a good contact number for customer support? I reformatted the SD card and even tried to put new firmware on it (though I may have used an old version that didn't match up), but in any case what ultimately happened is it reverted back to the repeating "Invalid configuration" message.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point, it shouldn't be that hard to record a loop.

I can't get this "Invalid Configuration" issue resolved. Anyone have a good contact number for customer support? I reformatted the SD card and even tried to put new firmware on it (though I may have used an old version that didn't match up), but in any case what ultimately happened is it reverted back to the repeating "Invalid configuration" message.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point, it shouldn't be that hard to record a loop.

Contact Us - How to get a hold of The Dashcam Store via phone or e-mail

Try the chat window in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. They're really helpful. Good luck.

Contact Us - How to get a hold of The Dashcam Store via phone or e-mail

Try the chat window in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. They're really helpful. Good luck.

They were so nice, even when I told them I had not purchased from them. For future reference, anyone else that gets this "Invalid System Configuration" message, the fix is easy:

Invalid system configuration usually means the "config.ini" file is broken.
You'll find this file in the "CONFIG" folder along with the version.ini file.
I would create a text file called config.ini in notepad or MS Word and insert the following text below in it, then save to desktop -

[Tab1]
TimeZone=317
ImageSetting=0
Brightness=1
NormalRecord=0
VoiceRecord=0
DateDisplay=0
SpeedUnit=0
NormalRecordTime=1
EventRecordTime=1
StorageSetting=0
StorageRate=0
AutoParking=0
FileFormat=0
PROFILETYPE=1
VideoQuality=1
[Tab2]
NORMALSENSOR1=20
NORMALSENSOR2=30
NORMALSENSOR3=30
PARKINGSENSOR1=80
PARKINGSENSOR2=80
PARKINGSENSOR3=80
MOTIONSENSOR=40
SpeedAlert=2
kmLimit=0
mileLimit=0
[Tab3]
LED1=1
LED2=1
NORMALCOLOR=0
PARKINGCOLOR=0
STARTVOICE=1
NORMALSTARTVOICE=1
EVENTSTARTVOICE=0
CHANGERECORDMODEVOICE=1
PARKINGMODEVOICE=1
ENDVOICE=1
VOLUME=95
AVOUT=0
SPEEDALERTVOICE=0
userString=
[Wifi]
web_id=blackvue
web_pw=5181178AEB83EDE2230DA62AF55B537EFA6F18A66443E4A545A2DCB5AFB4756D
wifimode=AP
ap_ssid=
ap_pw=5181178AEB83EDE2230DA62AF55B537EFA6F18A66443E4A545A2DCB5AFB4756D
sta_ssid=
sta_pw=5181178AEB83EDE2230DA62AF55B537EFA6F18A66443E4A545A2DCB5AFB4756D
onstart=0
Then open the Blackvue Micro SD card and drop this text document into the "CONFIG" folder, when it prompts you to copy and replace select "YES".

Is there any chance you could organize another group but like this or pass on the necessary information for someone else to take over? I know of at least three users that are interested and I'm sure we could line up more.

I can give that person / company a call again, and see what they would be open to doing. I haven't priced these things since last year, so I have no idea what good prices are these days. I'll do a little checking around first, before contacting them.

Is there any chance you could organize another group but like this or pass on the necessary information for someone else to take over? I know of at least three users that are interested and I'm sure we could line up more.

I can give that person / company a call again, and see what they would be open to doing. I haven't priced these things since last year, so I have no idea what good prices are these days. I'll do a little checking around first, before contacting them.

I just hung up with James, the rep at Rear View Safety. They are willing to provide pricing for a group buy again!

The current price on their website for the Blackvue 650, with a 32 gig card is $354.99.
DR650GW-2CH | 2 Channel 32GB Dash Camera by Blackvue | Rear View Safety

The price they will offer for the group buy is again $310!

(Note that this time the Powermagic Pro, which we don't really need with our cars anyway, is not included. It actually wasn't supposed to be last time either, but they did include it, due to some miscommunication. See this post for details: Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

You may order by phone, or via their website. If ordering by phone, please call James at (800) 764-1028, ext 725, and reference discount code TESLALOVESRVS. If you order via their website, just make sure to use the discount code.

Rear View Safety will honor this price through at least the end of the week (04/8/2016.) If you try to order after that date, and the discount code has stopped working, try to call James and see if he will still honor the price.

I'll also start a new thread, with a link to this one, so that this offer has greater visibility. I'm glad it's going to work out for those of you who don't yet have the Blackvue 650.

(I just want to say, for the record, that I'm not receiving anything for arranging this again.)

Order away!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker