Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
I was asked, in the thread for the original Blackvue 650 Dashcam group buy that I had started about a year ago, if it might be possible to organize another group buy. As it turns out, the answer is yes.

Here is the original thread:
Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

Here is the relevant information, from my post in that thread in which I provide the details of the current offer:

--
I just hung up with James, the rep at Rear View Safety. They are willing to provide pricing for a group buy again!

The current price on their website for the Blackvue 650, with a 32 gig card is $354.99.
DR650GW-2CH | 2 Channel 32GB Dash Camera by Blackvue | Rear View Safety

The price they will offer for the group buy is again $310!

(Note that this time the Powermagic Pro, which we don't really need with our cars anyway, is not included. It actually wasn't supposed to be last time either, but they did include it, due to some miscommunication. See this post for details: Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

You may order by phone, or via their website. If ordering by phone, please call James at (800) 764-1028, ext 725, and reference discount code TESLALOVESRVS. If you order via their website, just make sure to use the discount code.

Rear View Safety will honor this price through at least the end of the week (04/8/2016.) If you try to order after that date, and the discount code has stopped working, try to call James and see if he will still honor the price.

I'll also start a new thread, with a link to this one, so that this offer has greater visibility. I'm glad it's going to work out for those of you who don't yet have the Blackvue 650.

(I just want to say, for the record, that I'm not receiving anything for arranging this again.)

Order away!
---

I thought I would start a new thread here, and also in the appropriate Model X sub forum, to increase visibility. A good number of orders should keep Rear View Safety happy, which will hopefully allow for discount offers like this in the future.

Last edited:
I saw one sold by prodashcam for $298 on rakuten.
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/285081836.html
I will get 1 from one of them based on the customer reviews.
Thanks for posting the link from rearviewsafety.

It doesn't matter to me where people purchase the camera. But I do want to point out that the link you posted with a price of $298 is for a camera coming with a 16 gig card. The group buy includes a camera coming with a 32 gig card.

Unless something has changed, and I do not believe it has, the included memory card should be a Blackvue branded card.

You may find it useful to have a second card, so that you can swap them out when you want to work with files on one. If so, I'd highly recommend reading the following article:

64GB Micro SD cards for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH (Page 1) / The Best 64GB Micro SD for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH Dashcams / Blackvue UK Forum

It explains that the fastest cards are NOT the best cards to use in the Blackvue 600 and 700 series cameras. Here are a couple of excerpts:

"The only difference is Read /Write speed and we find the faster the card the more macro blocking and pixilation occurs."

"Our conclusions are that superfast cards like the SanDisk 64GB SanDisk Extreme Plus 80MB/s and Samsung 64GB Pro 80MB/s need to be avoided, these cards are simply just too fast and are the worst offenders for macro blocking or pixilation on Blackvue Cameras."

I wound up going with the card that they picked as their number two pick--the Lexar card--and have been happy with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: csshih
Just ordered it, and the discount still applies. Thanks, Andy.
On the issue of the card, "bigger being better", since the newer version of this device is now cloud-enabled, where (if I have this right) it backs up through wifi on your network-targeted device -- a NAS for me, does it matter how big the card is as long as it can store enough to get you back home to "cloud" download to my NAS? In this case I would think a 32gb card, which should store a couple of days, would be plenty sufficient.

Andy, you ROCK!!!

My wife and I were talking just yesterday about buying a camera for our Model S, and today before I ordered I was making sure this is the one I wanted. By a stroke of sheer luck (I did a forum search on SD cards for the Blackvue), I came across this thread and just ordered mine. Yes, the coupon code is still valid.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reactions: Andyw2100
Thanks for doing the legwork on this, Andy! I just checked and the discount code is still valid on the website.

Andy, you ROCK!!!

My wife and I were talking just yesterday about buying a camera for our Model S, and today before I ordered I was making sure this is the one I wanted. By a stroke of sheer luck (I did a forum search on SD cards for the Blackvue), I came across this thread and just ordered mine. Yes, the coupon code is still valid.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're both very welcome. I'm glad I was able to help!

I'm pretty sure someone already mentioned it somewhere here, but is this model easy to install in a Tesla, or do I need to find someone to do it?

That depends largely on how handy you are and on how hidden you want the cables, etc. There are multiple threads on installation, many with lots of pictures.

Just ordered it, and the discount still applies. Thanks, Andy.
On the issue of the card, "bigger being better", since the newer version of this device is now cloud-enabled, where (if I have this right) it backs up through wifi on your network-targeted device -- a NAS for me, does it matter how big the card is as long as it can store enough to get you back home to "cloud" download to my NAS? In this case I would think a 32gb card, which should store a couple of days, would be plenty sufficient.

No it does not do that, cloud lets you view recorded footage or live footage from the dash cam from anywhere using the cloud app on your smartphone assuming you have a wifi hotspot connected to the dash cam.