Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for setting this up… I ordered one a couple weeks ago and installed it today. Working great so far.

One question though: I've set the options to turn off the lights on it -- but the front cam still flashes the WiFi logo, and the rear still has a white light on it. Any way to turn those off? Really don't want to draw attention to it when parked...

Just ordered it, and the discount still applies. Thanks, Andy.
On the issue of the card, "bigger being better", since the newer version of this device is now cloud-enabled, where (if I have this right) it backs up through wifi on your network-targeted device -- a NAS for me, does it matter how big the card is as long as it can store enough to get you back home to "cloud" download to my NAS? In this case I would think a 32gb card, which should store a couple of days, would be plenty sufficient.

Not quite. The website says you can move files to the cloud. I guess it's NAS, but manually operated.

Have the camera installed now and loving it. I would like to obtain the polarized filters that you had a group buy on in 2015. Do you know if the discount you set up for those is still active? Do you recommend the filters?

I can't imagine the discount code is still active, but feel free to write to that company.

I believe I stopped using the filters because they did, to some extent, darken everything, and if I recall correctly I think I decided that I'd prefer the reflection to the darkening. I may have made that decision in haste, though, and it's probably something I should revisit.

I can't imagine the discount code is still active, but feel free to write to that company.

I believe I stopped using the filters because they did, to some extent, darken everything, and if I recall correctly I think I decided that I'd prefer the reflection to the darkening. I may have made that decision in haste, though, and it's probably something I should revisit.

I used it yesterday...............no problem at all!

My BlackVue has already saved me some aggravation. I was rear-ended a couple weeks ago and the other driver took off. I was able to catch up to him and caught his tag information on my BlackVue. The officer who came to take the hit-and-run report was very impressed that I had not only the driver's tag info, but also video of the accident itself. WITH mapping (from the GPS) of precisely where it happened and how fast I was going when he hit me.

This one incident has more than covered the cost of the cameras and installation - since the other driver's insurance company will have to pay for the damages, I won't be out the collision deductible as I would have been if my insurance company had to pay.