Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue b-124 battery sometimes won’t charge itself from 12v cig outlet - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure but after a full charge, the B-124 is working properly now. I will try that next time. Thanks!

Yeah I haven't had any issues yet with the cig lighter, other than hearing the loose cable that I didn't secure to the inside of the console well enough making a noise. Those... NOISES!! Gonna have to disassemble this weekend and tape it down better! Unplug on the weekends only.

Yeah I haven't had any issues yet with the cig lighter, other than hearing the loose cable that I didn't secure to the inside of the console well enough making a noise. Those... NOISES!! Gonna have to disassemble this weekend and tape it down better! Unplug on the weekends only.
You are right! I notice when I am wiggling the cig lighter adapter by the B-124 battery, the dash cam power will cut off! I am still testing where to permanently store the B-124 so right now it is just sitting behind center console (middle back seat foot area).

You are right! I notice when I am wiggling the cig lighter adapter by the B-124 battery, the dash cam power will cut off! I am still testing where to permanently store the B-124 so right now it is just sitting behind center console (middle back seat foot area).

I put it under the center console (behind/beneath the front USB ports) as it fits perfectly back there. It is difficult to push in from the passenger side but I was able to do it. Others had better luck doing it from the driver's side. I was able to put it in there with a completely hidden wire. Took it apart again yesterday to ensure it wasn't that wire rattling... and it wasn't. But at least now I'm sure I eliminated it.

See this link for pictures of where someone else put it under the console:
Dashcam Install Help

Last edited: