Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Cameras installed in the MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to get this done. It's setup to record 24/7 and the install looks oem. Also hard wired the radar.
received_10206948686195423.jpeg
received_10206948686035419.jpeg

Holy cow. 750? It took me 2 hours to do a similar or little better job than that. Wow I should be in the dashcam install business :D
750 is all in.

350 install. I would just rather go with Tesla sc recommends as if an issue comes up they will take care of it. Just didn't want any issues lol.

From what I have seen/used yes it picks up KA,K thus far. It has hot laser 2x. We remounted it high so we will see.

Got the camera for 240 plus about 20 bucks of materials and about 4 hours of my time. This includes figuring out things and video recording the install for YouTube. It will be much faster if I did it again without the video recording. Maybe 1 hour or less. So yeah $750 is quite pricey even if that includes the dashcam. I hear they are going for 450-550 installed inlcuding camera, parts and labor in So Cal.

for those of you who are ok just tucking the wires under the headliner and rubber window weather-seals it should take you 30 minutes or so to install. you really can't notice and the only place where the wire is exposed is the jump from the back passenger headliner to rear lift gate.

Picked up a cop KA last night that I saw.
9/2015 production
Drive up to a grocery store door opener (K-band source), note the signal strength. Then open the side window and hold the detector out, note signal strength. After doing this with my Valentine1, I discovered the front windshield cuts 80%+ of the radar reception. What prompted me to do this was the fact that most of my warnings used to be picked up from the rear V1 antenna, even if the cop was ahead.

Drive up to a grocery store door opener (K-band source), note the signal strength. Then open the side window and hold the detector out, note signal strength. After doing this with my Valentine1, I discovered the front windshield cuts 80%+ of the radar reception. What prompted me to do this was the fact that most of my warnings used to be picked up from the rear V1 antenna, even if the cop was ahead.
Mine learns and next to never false hits but we will see how it goes.

Mine learns and next to never false hits but we will see how it goes.
I'm sure there is a way/mode where you can tell it to unmute the false so you can test this. I wasn't very thrilled about having to give up my Valentine1, but didn't want to drive with a significantly crippled detector, so went with a remote mount instead. Still miss my V1's directional information (my current Stinger install has front and rear antennas for directions, but those suck compared to how well V1 was able to show where the signal is coming from).

I'm sure there is a way/mode where you can tell it to unmute the false so you can test this. I wasn't very thrilled about having to give up my Valentine1, but didn't want to drive with a significantly crippled detector, so went with a remote mount instead. Still miss my V1's directional information (my current Stinger install has front and rear antennas for directions, but those suck compared to how well V1 was able to show where the signal is coming from).

Passport max 360 has arrows and hard wired allows you to retain that. They are also GPS so learns false so they don't keep happening.