Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue car cam installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can install my blackvue dual cam (front/back) for my model S at reasonable cost (i.e. few hundreds)? The guy who helped to uninstall the cams from my previous car has no idea how to install them into my Model S. He referred someone to me but installation fee is 2k which i think is way too much (the cam itself only costed me ~3k)...

appreciate for any recommendation. Thanks in advance.

I've been to Rapid Car Audio who installed it the camera for 3200 $ incl. the camera itself. Very good service and great installation without any hassle. Might be worthwhile to check how much they charge for installation only.

Rapid Car Audio-RCA | Facebook

Thanks AnubisDenko, $3200 all in sounds like a good deal if it's Blackvue 2ch installed. Will check it out when the car finally arrived!

Hi Oliver,

Wonder if your cams and car all function properly after the installation? Thanks!

Frank

Yes no problems with the installation. I only had an issue that the camera was rebooting after I put a 128G card in. But once I used the original card it was working without any problems. I've done a bit research and it seems that this is a problem with how the card is formatted but haven't tried the fix yet.

Other than that no issues at all with the camera. The installation was also done very well. None of the cables is visible in the interior..