TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blackvue car cam installation

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Frank TSLA, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Frank TSLA

Frank TSLA Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can install my blackvue dual cam (front/back) for my model S at reasonable cost (i.e. few hundreds)? The guy who helped to uninstall the cams from my previous car has no idea how to install them into my Model S. He referred someone to me but installation fee is 2k which i think is way too much (the cam itself only costed me ~3k)...

appreciate for any recommendation. Thanks in advance.

2. ediot

ediot Member

not too sure about the rear, but the front can easily be DIY to be on 24/7. power can be drawn from the panel at the rear-mirror via a 3-pin.

3. Frank TSLA

Frank TSLA Member

thanks. i searched online and found the rear cam installation really requires some professional works..

anyone here can recommend some shops? really wanna get it done =)

4. MrLeng99

MrLeng99 Member

I will also be interested to install blackvue 2ch if the installation will not cost so much.

5. AnubisDenko

AnubisDenko Member

I've been to Rapid Car Audio who installed it the camera for 3200 $ incl. the camera itself. Very good service and great installation without any hassle. Might be worthwhile to check how much they charge for installation only.

Rapid Car Audio-RCA | Facebook

• Helpful x 1
  6. MrLeng99

MrLeng99 Member

Thanks AnubisDenko, $3200 all in sounds like a good deal if it's Blackvue 2ch installed. Will check it out when the car finally arrived!

7. AnubisDenko

AnubisDenko Member

Yes it was the DR650GW-2CH incl. the power protection.

Cheers
    Oliver

8. Frank TSLA

Frank TSLA Member

Thanks Oliver! And MrLeng99, when is your estimated delivery? look forward to your good news soon!

9. Frank TSLA

Frank TSLA Member

Hi Oliver,

Wonder if your cams and car all function properly after the installation? Thanks!

Frank

10. AnubisDenko

AnubisDenko Member

Yes no problems with the installation. I only had an issue that the camera was rebooting after I put a 128G card in. But once I used the original card it was working without any problems. I've done a bit research and it seems that this is a problem with how the card is formatted but haven't tried the fix yet.

Other than that no issues at all with the camera. The installation was also done very well. None of the cables is visible in the interior..

11. MrLeng99

MrLeng99 Member

The estimated delivery date from my DS is mid - end of Sept, I'm also looking forward for the good news good :)