Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Dashcam by Calibred Customs - San Francisco Bay Area

arags01

Aug 30, 2017
San Francisco
I am getting a BlackVue DR750S-2CH Dashcam (Front and Rear) installed by Calibred Customs for my M3 and MX on April 10th. They will be in Sf Bay Area from Apr 6-10th and will come to your home for install.

FYI.. I have no affiliation with them but have seen great reviews by fellow TMC members and wanted to share their schedule. Feel free to reach out to Johnny at
[email protected] or 310-654-0532

Reactions: Joelc

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
I've used Premier in Fremont for my 2 MSs and MX and their work is impeccable. Talk to Greg or David, they have been in business a long time and very customer service oriented. 510-623-1308 - Let em know Lloyd sent you.

www.premiermobilegroup.com

Ketchups

Dec 16, 2017
San Diego, CA
Really? I paid under $100 for a great installation. IIRC, it was $80/hour and took a little under an hour.
For as many as this guy has done, it probably takes him 30 minutes. Reminds me of the old joke about the surgeon and plumber.
Was it more than one guy working on the car? I did the install myself, 4-ch system, and I took my sweet time but I can't imagine getting it done solo under an hour. I had to solder wires and run the wiring thru the hatchback the same way they did at the factory, that in itself took about an hour - I left no wiring exposed and did not cut into any of the OEM wiring.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
Was it more than one guy working on the car?
No, just one guy. He had already done this in 10-20 Teslas. I watched the installation and it was as smooth as silk, from running the video cable through the rubber grommet at the top of the hatch (5 minutes with a fish tape) to connecting the power to the spare connector in the speaker grill. No soldering. He installed a crimp mating connector on the power cable (asked me first if I minded him cutting it).

Ketchups

Dec 16, 2017
San Diego, CA
No, just one guy. He had already done this in 10-20 Teslas. I watched the installation and it was as smooth as silk, from running the video cable through the rubber grommet at the top of the hatch (5 minutes with a fish tape) to connecting the power to the spare connector in the speaker grill. No soldering. He installed a crimp mating connector on the power cable (asked me first if I minded him cutting it).
Jeez, I need more practice.

• Funny
Reactions: Barry

rrosenbl

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles
For those with the BlackVue DR750S-2CH set up, are you using a cell hot spot to connect to the internet 24/7 enabling you to look at your car when you're away? or for real time continuous recording? I'm curious how that works.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC