Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Dashcam by Calibred Customs - San Francisco Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a BlackVue DR750S-2CH Dashcam (Front and Rear) installed by Calibred Customs for my M3 and MX on April 10th. They will be in Sf Bay Area from Apr 6-10th and will come to your home for install.

FYI.. I have no affiliation with them but have seen great reviews by fellow TMC members and wanted to share their schedule. Feel free to reach out to Johnny at
[email protected] or 310-654-0532

Reactions: Joelc
Really? I paid under $100 for a great installation. IIRC, it was $80/hour and took a little under an hour.
For as many as this guy has done, it probably takes him 30 minutes. Reminds me of the old joke about the surgeon and plumber.
Was it more than one guy working on the car? I did the install myself, 4-ch system, and I took my sweet time but I can't imagine getting it done solo under an hour. I had to solder wires and run the wiring thru the hatchback the same way they did at the factory, that in itself took about an hour - I left no wiring exposed and did not cut into any of the OEM wiring.

Was it more than one guy working on the car?
No, just one guy. He had already done this in 10-20 Teslas. I watched the installation and it was as smooth as silk, from running the video cable through the rubber grommet at the top of the hatch (5 minutes with a fish tape) to connecting the power to the spare connector in the speaker grill. No soldering. He installed a crimp mating connector on the power cable (asked me first if I minded him cutting it).

No, just one guy. He had already done this in 10-20 Teslas. I watched the installation and it was as smooth as silk, from running the video cable through the rubber grommet at the top of the hatch (5 minutes with a fish tape) to connecting the power to the spare connector in the speaker grill. No soldering. He installed a crimp mating connector on the power cable (asked me first if I minded him cutting it).
Jeez, I need more practice.

• Funny
Reactions: Barry