Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Dashcam Installer in SoCal on AP2.0 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had ProDashCam install Blackvue cams in my Tesla and wife's new Volt and they did a beautiful job. They have installed them in many Teslas but had never done a Volt before, but that was not a problem at all. Give them a call and see if they've done installs in any AP2.0 Teslas yet. Installation

Do they run directly to the fuse box or do they just go to the 12 dc jack outlet?

I installed my Blackvue myself. Took about 30 minutes with little effort. There is a 12 volt supply behind the mic location about the rearview mirror. The cover pops off pretty easily.
What about the sync cable running to the back? Did you splice the cable? I hear it is frowned upon at the Service center.
Finally does it work with the parking feature of the blackvue?

What about the sync cable running to the back? Did you splice the cable? I hear it is frowned upon at the Service center.
Finally does it work with the parking feature of the blackvue?
I haven't gotten around to installing the back camera yet, just the front. The parking feature seems to work as the camera says something about parking mode on/off when I get back in the car.

I used Johnny at Calibred Customs in Santa Monica also. He can be reached at 1(310) 654-0532. He has done many Teslas and is quick, clean and reliable. He has a shop out in the valley area, but lives and works on the west side of LA. He came to me at a local Super Charger and installed in the parking lot while I shopped at the mall.

Incidentally, I requested that he hard wire my BlackVue dual camera system, so I would have an active parking mode. He connected it in the area to the left of the brake pedal, so it always on. He is also great at hiding any evidence that the system is installed...Nothing visible except the camera just below the rear view mirror and the small camera in the rear window. He also does a 4 camera system and attaches two side cameras to the brace between the front door windows and the fixed glass near the door mirrors.

I used Al & Eds in Marina Del Rey for my S and they too wired for active parking mode. I've got them teed up to install my X as soon as it arrives, and reccomend them highly. I had a front camera malfunction which they replaced without hesitation and dealt with BV directly. @SDRick I paid about $200 for installation of front & back cameras. Not something I would do on my own and felt it was reasonable after watching some of the DIY videos.