Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue DR650 2 channel for $290 on Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you're looking for the DR650. Found it on Amazon for $290. Also bought a SanDisk High Endurance 64GB card (As reviewers said the Blackvue was coming with an aftermarket card anyway.) $330 total, shipped. Road trip is coming up, so I'll be prepared. . .

Links below. Been thinking about this for awhile, but deal was sealed this weekend when someone hit my bumper trying to park and didn't leave a note. . . I had it wrapped and that helped, but they went through the wrap. Hoping a re-wrap (For $500!) is going to hide any marks on the bumper. Looks worse than it is (probably, to you!) because I just finished polishing it and still have some white polish residue. The wrap was all scratched and marked up, so that helped, but still can't do anything for the rest of this.

2015-09-27 14.40.37.jpg

Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH 16GB, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Full HD(1080p@30fps), up to 64GB support : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V5Q1N1I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

pat---that really sucks. id be so mad. sorry about that.

heres the link guys.
Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH 16GB, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Full HD(1080p@30fps), up to 64GB support : Electronics

how does this get power? through cigarette lighter? with a 129 degree view, do most people just point it forward? can it see things to the side of the car?

There's a bunch of threads on how to get power. You can make/buy an adapter and plug in to the ODBC port under the steering wheel/dash area, pick up power from behind the glove box, plug it in to the cigarette lighter, or (The method I'm hoping to use) is to pick up constant 12v from the microphone area in the roof.

There are units (Not from BlackVue) that use four cameras and pick up all sides and can give an overhead view of everything around you. Pretty neat, but I've seen prices in the $2-3k range!

I can't tell you how much it picks up. I know most people put it behind the rear view mirror facing front and the rear camera goes out the back hatch.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you're looking for the DR650. Found it on Amazon for $290. Also bought a SanDisk High Endurance 64GB card (As reviewers said the Blackvue was coming with an aftermarket card anyway.) $330 total, shipped. Road trip is coming up, so I'll be prepared. . .

You may want to research and possibly reconsider the memory card you chose. There's a good article on choosing the right card for the Blackvue here:

64GB Micro SD cards for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH (Page 1) / The Best 64GB Micro SD for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH Dashcams / Blackvue UK Forum

In a nutshell, cards that are best for other applications, as I understand it if I recall correctly, may be too fast for the Blackvue. Just something to consider, while the card would still be returnable.

You may want to research and possibly reconsider the memory card you chose. There's a good article on choosing the right card for the Blackvue here:

64GB Micro SD cards for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH (Page 1) / The Best 64GB Micro SD for Blackvue DR650GW-2CH,DR600GW and DR750LW-CH Dashcams / Blackvue UK Forum

In a nutshell, cards that are best for other applications, as I understand it if I recall correctly, may be too fast for the Blackvue. Just something to consider, while the card would still be returnable.

Andy -

Thanks for that. I actually found it shortly after I posted and cancelled my Amazon order for the card. My Lexar card that received good reviews just showed up. Camera is due Friday. We shall see!

Can't believe how tiny these cards are. My first HARD DRIVE was 40 megs (If I remember correctly, might have been 20 megs). Weighed 10 pounds and was huge! Funny stuff. This thing is slightly bigger than my thumbnail and holds 64 gigs.

That and I'm driving an electric car, so there's that. . .