Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue DR650 dash cam group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i got TOPFIT Dash cam at USD$285.99 for my Tesla Model X AP2.0. Impressed with the design, it looks as a part of Tesla car.
dash cam.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog
For all of you that missed it the Mass drop for a Blackvue DR650S 2 channel system it's back, and the current price is $259.99 for those of you who commit right away. I just received mine over the weekend and it is a brand new factory sealed unit with front and rear cameras along with the hardware needed to mount it. Click the red link if you're still looking to get one at a low price. blackvue DR650 2 channel dash cam

FYI, this deal ends in 5 days

I ended up finding this dashcam on Massdrop, ordered it.
I like it *a lot*. A little less than the Blackview (~$250) with an almost identical feature set. Even the optional GPS add-on mount works on my P85D coated windshield. The mobile app is really well designed and works very well over wi-fi.
review video:
I don't know what the Massdrop price was since it ended, but these cameras are routinely sold at www.blackboxmycar.com at or below the deals I've seen in the past. Lots of very good video reviews for the camera there too. I think they have some sort of deal with the manufacturer since they seem to promote this brand over most of the others they sell.

don't know what the Massdrop price was since it ended, but these cameras are routinely sold at www.blackboxmycar.com at or below the deals I've seen in the past.

I paid $278 including the GPS module and shipping. The same thing on BBMC is $295 including free shipping. So a bit of a savings, not huge.

Despite the reviews on BBMC, I really like this dashcam. It does everything I want it to do, it should do, and more. The mobile and desktop apps are top notch.

I also think there's one Korean woman who does all the English voices for these, since this Cammsys sounds remarkably similar to the LUKAS I had previously (maybe one OEMs for the other).

Going back to the thread that started it all for me :) I managed to install the camera fairly easily following the youtube videos, thanks guys.

Now, I have a question. I got in my car today and the charming voice said: An impact was detected during parking mode". All gret, but how do I find the exact moment this happened ? I have hundreds of video files on my sd card. m I supposed to look at all of them one by one ?

thanks guy

Going back to the thread that started it all for me :) I managed to install the camera fairly easily following the youtube videos, thanks guys.

Now, I have a question. I got in my car today and the charming voice said: An impact was detected during parking mode". All gret, but how do I find the exact moment this happened ? I have hundreds of video files on my sd card. m I supposed to look at all of them one by one ?

thanks guy

Filter to show only the parking mode clips, estimate the timeframe in which the impact occurred, and then yes, start checking files.

We are located in Los Angeles area so let us know if you would like a professional installation on your Blackvue dash cams. In addition to ordering the blackvue, I also recommend the Power Magic Pro that will enable the camera to remain on while the car is off. This enables the Blackvue to record in Parking Mode and capture any events via motion detection or G-shock while your vehicle is parked.

Except with properly-connected dashcams in a Tesla, they don't turn off, making the Magic box and the installation thereof in a Tesla absolutely and completely useless.

Professional != experienced with Teslas. Caveat emptor.

Reactions: HankLloydRight