Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

blackvue DR650GW-2CH 12v quick power routing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Xenius

Apr 24, 2015
Havertown, PA
Hey folks, I recently had to replace my front windshield and had a lazily set up blackvue on it. Originally I literally just had the power cable hanging down wrapped around my slimline phone mount and then routed directly to the 12v cigarette adapter plug.

For now I'm fine with just using the 12v plug as I currently don't have the camera running at all, so something is better than nothing! Do any of you with an AP1 or earlier Model S use the included cigarette adapter and if so, how did you route the power cable? I found one video on youtube that described routing the cable around the right front headliner, then behind the weather stripping of the door, and then under the glovebox and into the center console. Wondering if anyone else had done this and if the standard plug/cable was long enough or I need to pick up something like Amazon.com: Blackvue Car Blackbox Power 15ft Hard Wiring Power Cable for DR500GW-HD, DR550GW-2CH, DR600GW-HD, DR650GW-2CH, DR650S-2CH, DR650S-1CH, DR430-2CH, DR450-1CH, DR470-2CH: Car Electronics

Cheers.

There should be an always on wire in the microphone grille in the headliner right above the mirror. When I installed my dr650 I just cut off all but 10 or 12" of the cigarette lighter cable and ran it up and connected it to power there. There are a number of posts on here with pictures to show you how to find it and connect to it.