Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DR750S 2CH Dash Camera $299

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the 750 mostly for the cloud feature but it doesn’t seem to be very useful. So far, I have it talking to a hotspot, and I can view files remotely using the app and manually save them to the cloud one by one,

Can’t figure out how to automically save event files to the cloud.

Anyone else get this to work?

Could we organize a group buy for this?
There's no practicality in organizing a group buy (unless you want to manage it yourself) when we can go through Massdrop.com and they do it with little or less risk. The first DR750 recently closed. But there will be another soon - like a bus, there's always another along in a minute. :)

I did the DR650 in May and the DR750 in Sep. I'm waiting on another DR750 to swap out my 650. There will be another. Go sign up and they will even send you alerts.

There's no practicality in organizing a group buy (unless you want to manage it yourself) when we can go through Massdrop.com and they do it with little or less risk. The first DR750 recently closed. But there will be another soon - like a bus, there's always another along in a minute. :)

I did the DR650 in May and the DR750 in Sep. I'm waiting on another DR750 to swap out my 650. There will be another. Go sign up and they will even send you alerts.
I did sign up for it. Will the cam be the actual US version that we would get it purchased directly through US retailers? Do you remember what the price was for the 750 on massdrop? The model 3 owners club had like 100$ off.

I'm currently in contact with a vendor, we'll see what they have to offer.

I did sign up for it. Will the cam be the actual US version that we would get it purchased directly through US retailers? Do you remember what the price was for the 750 on massdrop? The model 3 owners club had like 100$ off.

I'm currently in contact with a vendor, we'll see what they have to offer.

It was $299.99. Not clear which (if any) memory card it came with. I believe the Model 3 Owners club was $299 for a camera w/ 16gb memory card.

I'm waiting to see if anything Elon tweeted about built in dash cam comes out soon...

It was $299.99. Not clear which (if any) memory card it came with. I believe the Model 3 Owners club was $299 for a camera w/ 16gb memory card.

I'm waiting to see if anything Elon tweeted about built in dash cam comes out soon...
Ditto, I agree with brkaus says about price and SD card. I think the 650 and 750 both come with 16. Remember the purpose of the dash cam for most of us is to capture a snapshot of something - an event that recently occurred. We are not trying to record a week's worth of events and go back through them. We want a breakin or bump or bang of our car. So a 16 is a good starter media. We can always shop around for additional or larger SD media later.

As for country? I don't remember any details that guaranteed or stated USA, but why wouldn't it be USA? And my DR650 that I got via Massdrop was USA. I've no idea if the DR650 came from the same vendor that the DR750 is coming from, but I have faith that the Massdrop people are going to make sure its USA.

As for waiting for Elon to enable recording with AP2 camera. That's good. No, that's GREAT. But I don't mind that I have already bought and wired dash cams into my S. I think of this as insurance and security. And I don't think you have too much of either one. So, my dashcams will simply complement what his solution will do for me.

Last edited:
I got in on the last group buy. If you organize another, try to get them to include the optional accessories at some discounted price (each person picks their own). The polarized filters help. Our windshields have so much slope you get a strong reflection of the dash without.

I bought the 750 mostly for the cloud feature but it doesn’t seem to be very useful. So far, I have it talking to a hotspot, and I can view files remotely using the app and manually save them to the cloud one by one,

Can’t figure out how to automically save event files to the cloud.

Anyone else get this to work?
PM me.

I had some growing pains understanding how to use the Cloud feature, but I'm pretty well versed with it now. When I get back home (in about a month), I think that I'll make a user guide on how to use it since BlackVue has very little out there.

Yesterday, 11/3 I received my DR750S-2CH (16GB SD) that I bought on Massdrop for $ 299. It was shipped on 10/20, taking about 14 days to get to Hawaii. This is much better than the DR650 I bought from them in May. It took almost 30 days to ship to Hawaii. When Massdrop ships to Hawaii, they hand it off to FedEx and FedEx logs it and passes it over to USPS who move it via Honu.

My plan was to install a pair of Blackvue's so my S has 360 degree coverage. I moved my DR650-2CH to the liftgate window and connected the secondary camera to the right rear quarter window. The DR750 primary is mounted on the windshield with the secondary camera on the left rear quarter window. Unless you are looking for the secondary cameras at the quarter windows, they are not visible since the glass has a factory tint. There's been a run of bad guys in the SF Bay area breaking into S's at the rear quarter window and stealing stuff from the trunk. Yes, my two secondary cameras are vulnerable to break-ins. But I will take my chances.

The DR750 cameras are much better video quality. Both cameras now are Full HD. And the front can record at 60 fps. The power cable connection and the camera to camera cable are the same for the DR750 too. If you are moving from an older Blackvue such as a DR500, 550 or 650, its an easy upgrade. But the front camera mount is larger diameter and you must use the mount that came with the DR750. The secondary camera mount is simply the same as older versions.

Special note. Before you mount the DR750 primary on the windshield, be sure to take a picture and/or write down the info on labels attached to the end of the body of the camera. The info is on labels next to the QR label. The is where they are now posting the SSID and the unique password for the DR750. The default password used on the DR650 and older does not work now. These labels are easy to ignore or overlook, then you will find yourself removing the primary camera to get the info later.

I am very pleased with the difference between the 750 and 650. I will watching Massdrop for the next buy of DR750's and pick up another. When I get the second one, I will swap out the DR650 and sell the 650 on ebay. When I bought my 650 on Massdrop I swapped out a DR550 and sold it on ebay for 80% of what I paid for it on Massdrop, three years ago. Time to do it again.

• Informative
Reactions: playoutside