Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DR750S-2CH install - step by step guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're welcome. Hope it comes handy!

I did the install today. Everything went really well! One suggestion I got from another video (Tesla Inventory Search guy) is to use 1/4 inch clear tubing instead of wire fishing rods. With the tubing, you can stick the DC power or coax end into the tubing and tape it up to make fishing the wires through easier. On step #15 I used a T15 Torx and it worked if anyone is worried they don't have a T16.

Thank you again for the guide, it made the job much more manageable. Next time I'm in Denton I owe you a beer!

Did my install today... was originally going to just do the front camera, but ended up doing everything...

Thanks @arcus for the very helpful guide as well as creative lift gate fishing instructions. Worked great!

Will post some photos and feedback soon; but for now... another successful Dashcam install in the books!

@arcus Already had my 650S-2CH installed...was challenging and could have used your walk through back then! Nice job.

Does anyone happen to know if the 750S has the same front camera as the 650S? Is it basically the same except the rear camera in the 750S been upgraded to a higher resolution? Same connectors and stuff so a 650S-to-750S swap could utilize same power and coax?

New Would these instructions apply with or w/o the sunroof?
I have no experience with full glass or solid roof, to be honest (just the panoramic one). I've seen that some people with solid roof prefer to run the wires through the A pillar down, then alongside the door seal. One would have to be extra careful not to mess with the airbag system when doing so.

The part involving the trunk/tailgate should be identical though.

Thanks @arcus ! I have not yet watched your video but I plan to shortly.

One question, and I apologize if it was covered in the video. I’ve heard that the side curtain airbags can be a concern. Do you address this and how to route cables around them?

Thank you.