TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blackvue DR750S-2CH on Massdrop

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Akikiki, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

The newest Blackvue, the DR750S-2CH has just been offered on Massdrop.com for $299 with free shipping.
    About $100 less than Amazon.

I have the DR650S-2CH installed in my S. I am reconfiguring the locations to install the DR750-2CH to have 360 degree coverage for my S.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

1 Day left

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Re-configuring two Blackvues for 360 degree coverage.

Today I finished the re-wiring of my S for dual Blackvue dash cams. I used a fresh pigtail and wired it from a fuse box in the trunk that connects to the main power connector on the liftgate controller. And using two new 20 foot Blackvue camera to camera cables, wired one from the center of the liftgate glass through the boot, under the headliner at the C pillar and over to the right side rear quarter window. The other new cable came from the center of the windshield across the front, down the side and to the left side rear quarter window. Pn both sides, the extra cable is coiled and hidden inside the C pillars. I left the existing power cable and front cam to rear cam cable in place. Those will stay there but hidden even after the cameras are re-positioned.

Now the wait. Massdrop reported that the last drop of 100+ DR750-2CH cameras will ship on or about 10/24. For those of us in Hawaii, we won't see ours for more than 3 weeks after that date. Once the DR750 is here, it will replace the front, and connect to the secondary at the left side window camera. And the DR650 main will be moved to the liftgate glass and connect to the right side window camera. That gives me a 360 degree view.

I hope Tesla follows through with giving us access to the AP2 camera for dash cam use. Good. That simple increases my coverage. Too much coverage is never a bad thing.

• Helpful x 1