Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DR750S Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear that cards are not cards. Some can work in a hot car environment, while others cook and stop functioning quickly. You need to buy NOT on size, but on operating specs. Thats why Blackvue cards cost more - they live longer. [or so I've been sold/told]
I realize that. I've been using the same Lexar 64GB for about 10mos now and everything seems to be operating normally. What I thought was a great deal on Lexar 256GB card turns out it may be counterfeit from some of the reviews. So I guess I'll have to pick up another 64GB or 128GB Lexar in it's place.

Has anyone else noticed that at the very highest quality setting with 60fps hd front and 30 fps hd rear, that you are in what they call "sport mode" and limited to 1 minute clips, instead of the 3 minute clips I prefer

Yup! But I prefer one minute clips...what if one of the clips become corrupt? Then you only lose one minute instead of 3

So today was my 1st chance to try the new 750 ( previously had 650 )
I'm confused ( not hard for me! )
I am seeing the following issues

1) No matter what I try I can't get to the the firmware settings under cloud/camera settings/firmware settings ( the other setting for "privacy settings" is available - for firmware I get an "offline - check network connection"

2) No matter what sensitivity settings I've tried, camera seems to continually record parking events ( in my garage ) - with my 650 it only recorded infrequently when it detected motion. I've checked all settings, perhaps I'm missing something

Camera is wired the same way as always, it's always on wired into the speaker grill

If anyone has settings that seem to correct the above, I'd love to have you post them

So today was my 1st chance to try the new 750 ( previously had 650 )
I'm confused ( not hard for me! )
I am seeing the following issues

1) No matter what I try I can't get to the the firmware settings under cloud/camera settings/firmware settings ( the other setting for "privacy settings" is available - for firmware I get an "offline - check network connection"

2) No matter what sensitivity settings I've tried, camera seems to continually record parking events ( in my garage ) - with my 650 it only recorded infrequently when it detected motion. I've checked all settings, perhaps I'm missing something

Camera is wired the same way as always, it's always on wired into the speaker grill

If anyone has settings that seem to correct the above, I'd love to have you post them

Email blackvue regarding one, is the cloud feature not working? Does the Blackvue state unregistered cloud shortly after powering it on?

2) try changing the motion settings on the computer version of the app for sensitivity

@K-MTG How do you deal the WiFi function on the camera? Doesn’t your phone try to connect to it automatically every time you get into the car and thus making the phone offline? If you turn off WiFi on the camera it also stops connecting to the hotspot.

Do you simply “forget” the Blackvue WiFi network on your phone?

@K-MTG How do you deal the WiFi function on the camera? Doesn’t your phone try to connect to it automatically every time you get into the car and thus making the phone offline? If you turn off WiFi on the camera it also stops connecting to the hotspot.

Do you simply “forget” the Blackvue WiFi network on your phone?

Yup, I simply forget the BlackVue network on my phone. Don't really need to connect to it unless I need to change some setting or download footage

Reactions: JohnnyG
It sends you a notification if an impact is detected while your car is parked and you can also visit view a live feed and recorded video remotely. I am on freedompop that provides 1 GB of data for free per month which is suffice.

Unless I have overlooked something on the freedompop web site, it appears that their free service is now restricted to 500MB/month. Is that still sufficient? Looks like it's something on the order of $15 per additional GB after that.