Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K UHD is now available PRE-ORDERED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered this a week ago from BlackBox My Car who had one of the first videos up of it and a preorder discount. Supposed to be shipped in a week or so. Have to see how it mounts compared to the 650 and 750 as they were not a direct swap for each other (brackets weren’t identical). I believe cables were, which to me would be more important!

I don’t currently have a dashcam as was waiting for one of the Blackvue new models to come out.

If it does come with a removable SD card/microSD, why pay 110$ more for the camera when you can just get the cheapest SD card, then amazon something like this? https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62
You can get a separate card, but it can't be a cheapo. Needs to be a special kind. See this video:

Perhaps a little dated, but you get the idea. Or if you get a cheap one, be prepared to get a new one every month or so!

If it does come with a removable SD card/microSD, why pay 110$ more for the camera when you can just get the cheapest SD card, then amazon something like this? https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62

If you look at the multiple older threads dealing with Blackvue cameras, you will find much discussion of how unreliable and short-lived cheaper SD cards are in these cameras, so trying to save money that way is a false economy.

You dont need it on a Tesla. Car battery automatically gets charged from driving batteries

On a side note: I think ill wait until the prices on these drops. 4k is not something im in a hurry to get and the price seems a bit overpriced to me.
OK I understand that on the Power Magic Pro unit but what about the hardwiring cable? It will allow me to not need to cut the cigarette lighter plug to splice the wires...I did like the on/off parking switch feature on the Power Magic Pro unit.

Blackvue support told me its the same wiring as 750S so it should be a relatively simple upgrade (hopefully).

Here's Blackvue's guide to upgrading your previous Blackvue dashcam to the new DR900S as far as cables and mounting hardware is concerned. Upgrading to DR900S Series? See Cables and Accessories Compatibility - BlackVue

They did post the manual and it's presently kind of hidden in one of their various website sections for the product and not in the regular product download sections. Here it is: BlackVue DR900S-2CH - 4K UHD + Full HD Two-Channel Cloud Dashcam After looking through the manual my husband pre-ordered one from TheDashCamStore.

I have to say neither one of us is exactly loving the copper accents they added to this model. IMO the metallic look takes away from the stealth appearance (one of the things we liked about the BV over other dashcams) and I don't need to feel like because it's 4K and more expensive than the 750S we needed any bling added to it. We've already wondered about getting rid of the copper. :)

Last edited: