Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue DS650-S 2 Channel Tesla Model S Install Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
your car is an older year or 2016? That cable is not there in older vehicles. I think I read some here that it's 2014 and later

I ran my power for my early 2013 model off the OBD-II port using these parts. I soldered and insulated the connectors to provide constant 12v power.

My dash cam recorded a guy keying my car. He was known to me, and resulted in felony arrest, and so far a partial compensation for the loss.

Roadpro 12V Battery Clip-On and Cigarette Lighter Adapter Amazon.com: Roadpro 12V Battery Clip-On and Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Automotive

SOLAR ESA30 OBD II Memory Saver Connector Amazon.com: SOLAR ESA30 OBD II Memory Saver Connector: Automotive

• Informative
Reactions: acarlos1000
Good day all, I'm curious what differentiate this dash cam from the others; why chose it? Cost, compatibility or ease of install? Thanks
At first I chose it because it looks the best in the tesla unlike some other dash cams I have owned.

After owning it, I realize why everyone choose blackvue. They just work without any issues. They are designed to handle the heat and to run 24 hours unlike others. The software is nice along with the cloud setup.

A big plus is it yells at you constantly if something is wrong. Other dash cams yell once or twice but then stop. I once got in an accident and didnt realize my dash cam HAD NOT been recording. After owning the blackvue, I wont buy anything lower end

I probably did exactly what you did, I did not have the courage to cut the cable.

I covered the cable with a white tape.

View attachment 210478

Since the wire is going across the weather stripping, you may get a water leak.

To get the wire to the camera, I drilled a hole and fed it through by taping it to a wire.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 1.59.16 PM.png

My MS90D was also built on the first week of December, with the same options, but your headline grill is much different than the one on my MS.

View attachment 213642
Note that @jclin is in Asia which probably explains the differences. From the picture, it looks like those could be microphones and @JPP was wondering if they could be for the alarm that comes on non-US models.

FWIW, I have a December build US Model S which looks like the picture you attached.

Note that @jclin is in Asia which probably explains the differences. From the picture, it looks like those could be microphones and @JPP was wondering if they could be for the alarm that comes on non-US models.

FWIW, I have a December build US Model S which looks like the picture you attached.

So yes, this is the first batch of cars Tesla sold in Taiwan, and it does have an alarm setting in the security screen.

I did not know this is a feature not present in US models. Now it makes sense. But frankly I'd expect the other way around--feature available in the US but not overseas.

That being the case, I guess the option to use that wire is out...