Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue for Dummies. Anyone want to start?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Santa Fe TX.
So I have this nice blackvue installed in my Model X. I thought the cloud feature would be awesome. Well, Not so much. It wasn't just a few days I received this exceeded video play and download limit error. Now, for $100 to $200 a year, you can buy more downloads per month but there is not much value there personally. So, short of pulling power, popping out the SD card each night, I just don't understand why the blackvue computer program won't allow you to D/L to your computer. Sure, there is scripts, the linux commands, ect, but really? What am I missing? Are there other cloud ideas or other window programs that offer ease of use to download the videos? When viewing the SD card, the blackvue program is very helpful finding the files you are looking for with their hour and minute time lines. Wish there was a turnkey way to download with out using these buggy scripts.

So I have this nice blackvue installed in my Model X. I thought the cloud feature would be awesome. Well, Not so much. It wasn't just a few days I received this exceeded video play and download limit error. Now, for $100 to $200 a year, you can buy more downloads per month but there is not much value there personally. So, short of pulling power, popping out the SD card each night, I just don't understand why the blackvue computer program won't allow you to D/L to your computer. Sure, there is scripts, the linux commands, ect, but really? What am I missing? Are there other cloud ideas or other window programs that offer ease of use to download the videos? When viewing the SD card, the blackvue program is very helpful finding the files you are looking for with their hour and minute time lines. Wish there was a turnkey way to download with out using these buggy scripts.

I wrote a script that will download it to your computer, search is your friend.

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie