Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue fuse type for new S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI the DR650S 2-Channel is on sale today at B&H Photo for $269 for Cyber Monday:
Black Vue DR650S Series 2-Channel Dash Camera BV-DR650S-2CH-16GB

Thanks. Looks like a good deal. Can you confirm that the rear facing camera is one that goes in the back window, looking out?

Also looking for one that switches on and records if the vehicle is hit while parked and when someone comes very close to the car when parked.

I don't see those features mentioned on the website.

???

Thanks. Looks like a good deal. Can you confirm that the rear facing camera is one that goes in the back window, looking out?

Also looking for one that switches on and records if the vehicle is hit while parked and when someone comes very close to the car when parked.

I don't see those features mentioned on the website.

???
I have my MS on order, so I don't have experience with it yet, but the product number is the same as the one on BlackVue's website:
DR650S-2CH - BlackVue
According to that site it has impact and motion detection. I believe the 2CH model contains the rear camera, whereas 1CH only contains the front facing camera.

• Helpful
Reactions: Patrick W
I have my MS on order, so I don't have experience with it yet, but the product number is the same as the one on BlackVue's website:
DR650S-2CH - BlackVue
According to that site it has impact and motion detection. I believe the 2CH model contains the rear camera, whereas 1CH only contains the front facing camera.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've been driving an S since early last year but turned it in last week as a trade for a new S so I can get the v2 hardware and keep the unlimited supercharging.

No experience with dash cams but per this and one other thread I'm following and this video I just found,
, I'm about to order:

Black Vue DR650S Series 2-Channel Dash Camera (16GB)
SanDisk 64GB High Endurance Video Monitoring microSDXC Memory Card (Class 10)
Black Vue Power Magic Pro Battery Discharge Prevention Device

Fingers crossed that I'm ordering the right stuff. :)

Thanks for your input!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've been driving an S since early last year but turned it in last week as a trade for a new S so I can get the v2 hardware and keep the unlimited supercharging.

No experience with dash cams but per this and one other thread I'm following and this video I just found,
, I'm about to order:

Black Vue DR650S Series 2-Channel Dash Camera (16GB)
SanDisk 64GB High Endurance Video Monitoring microSDXC Memory Card (Class 10)
Black Vue Power Magic Pro Battery Discharge Prevention Device

Fingers crossed that I'm ordering the right stuff. :)

Thanks for your input!
So maybe more people can chime in, but I don't think the Power Magic Pro is necessary for a Tesla.
Also, I think this might be a better Micro SD Card:
Lexar 64GB High-Performance UHS-I microSDXC LSDMI64GBBNL633A B&H

Sources:
SD Cards We Recommend for Dash Cameras
Best SD Cards for BlackVue Dash Cams

I can tell you, install that BlackVue, its saving my tens of thousands after being sandwiched between two cars. Go ahead search my thread and watch the video that was both truth serum to the offender but also confirmed with police.

100% not my fault thanks to a BlackVue 650

Reactions: MIT_S60
So maybe more people can chime in, but I don't think the Power Magic Pro is necessary for a Tesla.

My understanding is that if one just plugs into the 12 volt outlet between the seat the camera only works when the car is powered up, not when parked. I *thought* the Power Magic Pro is supposed to help supply power even when the car is not powered up.

If that's not the case I would like to know so I can cancel that part of the order.

Thoughts?

My understanding is that if one just plugs into the 12 volt outlet between the seat the camera only works when the car is powered up, not when parked. I *thought* the Power Magic Pro is supposed to help supply power even when the car is not powered up.

If that's not the case I would like to know so I can cancel that part of the order.

Thoughts?
I was under the impression that people wire it to a power source in the headlamp area to a wire that's always powered, thus keeping the dashcam recording the entire time. I was planning on finding a professional installer to set it up for me.

Depending on when your tesla was manufactured this is correct. I have a constant behind the grill by the rear view mirror. I also know some people to hook up to the fuse box with no issues just a bit more work involved. If you have that constant by the rear view mirror, Thats the best and easiest way to go.

Depending on when your tesla was manufactured this is correct. I have a constant behind the grill by the rear view mirror. I also know some people to hook up to the fuse box with no issues just a bit more work involved. If you have that constant by the rear view mirror, Thats the best and easiest way to go.
I wonder if anyone has checked if the same setup can be used for AP2.0 vehicles.