Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue: Impact detected in parking mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a message that impact was detected in parking mode. After reviewing footage here is what I found. I wont bore you with all of it, but made a short little clip. Looks like he was eating my hood.

Which leads me to a question for BlackVue users.
1) Are these clips flagged somehow so you don't have to go through all the videos.
2) Do you leave your camera recording 24/7- What options do you adjust.

• Funny
Reactions: TechVP
That's pretty funny! Although was it truly this event that triggered the "impact detected" warning, or was this just an automatic recording that occurred based on the bird's movement? You can check by looking at the recorded videos, and if this was marked as an "event" with the correct timestamp, then this was truly what set off the alarm.

On my blackvue, I get this warning almost every day due to the vibration of my door opening and shutting when I get into the car, and the car is still in parking mode. I've kind of learned to ignore it.

That's pretty funny! Although was it truly this event that triggered the "impact detected" warning, or was this just an automatic recording that occurred based on the bird's movement? You can check by looking at the recorded videos, and if this was marked as an "event" with the correct timestamp, then this was truly what set off the alarm.

On my blackvue, I get this warning almost every day due to the vibration of my door opening and shutting when I get into the car, and the car is still in parking mode. I've kind of learned to ignore it.
Ya I am to sure that actually triggered it just thought it was kinda funny myself. I'll check the logs closer

I've had a few "impact detected" false alarms while in parking garages. I've reviewed the "E" segments and nothing, other than a car driving by. Perhaps it's flexing of the concrete floor in the parking garage, triggering the vertical G force sensor...

Reactions: bharned3
Just imagine when his friends arrive...

1775.jpg

Reactions: bharned3