TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blackvue install question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lukez, Aug 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lukez

Lukez Member

I've looked the forums and couldn't find detail to this question .
    I have a 2013 ms and the connector in the mic area is there, however, when I take the voltage of the wires that are there, one is 30v and the other is 22v. I thought one of them should have been 12? Am I using my volt meter wrong?

2. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

Are you assuming that the black wire is the ground? In mine it wasn't: I tried various combinations until I found a 12V difference.

3. Lukez

Lukez Member

Yes I was but I tried the other combinations and only 7v came up!

4. Lukez

Lukez Member

Apparently I don't know how to use a voltmeter, was measuring ac not dc

• Funny x 4
  5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Ha ha! I now feel so much better for doing the same darn thing.

• Funny x 2
  6. frebay

frebay Member

Does anyone know how to remove the rearview mirror grill to fish the cord from dashcam to 12v power? Been trying for an hour with a plastic pry tool like this video suggested.

7. Lukez

Lukez Member

Pull down hard on the side that is facing you (the edge that faces the rear of the car). It has metal clips that won't break.

• Helpful x 1