Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue installers close to us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to highjack the thread, but can I ask why you guys all chose the blackvue over the thinkware? I know there are plenty of threads regarding this, but I'm looking for some fresh perspectives. Thanks in advance!

-MG

P. S. I need to order one soon, as my car will be ready next week and will most likely be looking for a local nova installer (or possibly give it a shot myself).

Not to highjack the thread, but can I ask why you guys all chose the blackvue over the thinkware? I

I've been looking for a new dashcam, but there are some things about blackview I don't like. Thinkwave is interesting for sure, but GAHHH!! what a horrible website. There's absolutely NO WAY to see a side-by-side comparison of their different models that support 2 channels/cameras. Just horrible.

Reactions: bhzmark
I think when it comes to such comparison, it's like comparing my cigarette tastes better than yours .. Even though they both taste like a forest fire. Let's just say, a dashcam is better than no dashcam. I'd go for whichever is cheaper, between those two.

I've even considered setting up solar cells on the trunk flap thing, with a battery backup. Seriously! Maybe I should just brave it and run the damn cable through the headliner. I can't make myself pay hurleys $400 for $100 worth of work. And I know there have to be other dashcam installers in the area that are not such rip offs.

It is marketing 101 to provide basic info to show the marginal benefits of upgrading from different models (a cheaper model isn't necessarily older).

I agree with HLR to not patronize companies that are too stupid to provide that info. If they are too stupid to provide that info then their product probably sucks in other ways too.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
@Chickenlittle,

What guide did you use? I will probably try to do it myself as well. Teslarati seemed to have a detailed install guide.
I didn't see that one. I saw two threads on the model X interiors. I used the power source that's above kick plate. Just pull the carpet away and use the blackvue tool to tuck carpet back under molding. I was confused about the kick plate thinking I had to remove but the power cord is above it on the left side. I didn't need to remove any panels the wire tucked behind all. I did not use the hole to the rubber in the trunk but rather just followed the mounding around and tucked under rubber gasket around the trunk. No worry about the cords being long enough. I taped the rear camera up first to be sure I had the correct orientation before adhering to window. If you like I can take pictures to indicate path

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware